The purpose of this Cookies Policy is to inform users about the cookies used on the Adventure Volunteer website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are a tool used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors or users. It is nothing more than a text file that some servers install during navigation and that allow knowing information such as: the place from which you access, the connection time, the device from which you access (fixed or mobile), the system operating and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made and data regarding user behavior on the Internet.
They do not provide references to deduce the user’s first and last name and cannot read data from their hard drive or include viruses on their computers. Likewise, they cannot read the cookies implanted in the user’s hard drive from other servers.
Because they are important?
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, although its deactivation may prevent its correct operation.
- From a technical point of view, cookies allow websites to work more agile and adapted to the preferences of users, such as storing the language, the currency of the country or detecting the access device.
- They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyberattacks against the website or its users.
- They allow media managers to know statistical data collected to improve the quality and experience of their services.
- They serve to optimize the advertising that we show to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
The user can configure their browser to reject all cookies by default or to receive an on-screen notification of the receipt of each cookie and decide whether or not to install them on their hard drive.
Types of cookies that are used on the web
The user who browses the Web can find cookies inserted directly by the owner, or cookies inserted by entities other than the owner, as detailed in the following sections:
- Session cookies, expire when the user leaves the page or closes the browser, that is, they are active for the duration of the visit to the website and therefore are deleted from our computer when leaving it.
- Permanent cookies expire when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled or when they are manually deleted, they have a deletion date and are normally used in the online purchase process, personalizations or in the registry, so that you do not have to constantly enter a password.
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between own and third-party cookies.
- Own cookies are those cookies that are sent to the user’s computer and are exclusively managed by us for the best operation of the Website. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your user experience.
- Third-party cookies, when the user interacts with the content of our website, third-party cookies can also be set (for example, when pressing buttons on social networks or watching videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a domain other than our Website. We cannot access the data stored in the cookies of other websites when you browse the aforementioned websites.
Browsing this web portal means that the following types of Cookies can be installed:
|TYPE OF COOKIES||DESCRIPTION||EXAMPLE OF USE|
|Performance||These cookies are used to improve your browsing experience and optimize the operation of our website.|
They store service configurations so you don’t have to reconfigure them every time you visit us.
|Video or sound player settings Optimum video streaming speeds.|
Stores the purchase made in a shopping cart in E-commerce services.
|Globalization||These cookies are used to store geolocatable data from the computer or devices to offer you more appropriate content and services.||Contents adjusted to the country, city, language, etc.|
|Registration Registration||cookies are created when you register or when you log into one of our web portals.||You can stay authenticated even if you close the browser, so when you return to it you will continue to be identified unless you disconnect or close the section.|
To access certain areas of our web portals, for example to participate in a contest.
|Analytics||These cookies collect information about the ads shown to each anonymous user on the web portals.||We can count the number of visitors to the page or the most viewed content.|
We can know if the user who is accessing is new or repeats visit.This information can help us improve navigation and give you a better service.
|Advertising||These cookies collect information about the ads displayed to each anonymous user on the web portals.||Adapt advertising to the type of devices from which the user is connecting.|
Provide ads managed through third parties that are displayed on the page in real time.
Configuration of the browser
This acceptance may be revoked through the content and privacy configuration options available therein. The Owner recommends its users to consult the help of their browser or access the help web pages of the main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome.
If you want more information about how to revoke the consent given or about the procedure to disable cookies, as well as ask any questions about the Cookies Policy, you can contact us through the following email address [email protected] indicating “Cookies Policy” in the subject.