Each destination demands certain requirements, some more than others. In this article you will find information about the main requirements or documents that you must have in order before traveling through North America, Central America and South America.
SEE THESE INCREDIBLE VOLUNTEER DESTINATIONS
Due to its large size and geography it is divided into North America, Central America and South America:
Here we leave you the list of countries that make up this continent, so immense and impressive:
- Colombia, volunteer in Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Vincent, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago , Uruguay, Venezuela, Antigua, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Barbuda, Canada, Chile and the United States.
WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES NEEDED TO TRAVEL?
Each country has its own requirements and conditions according to the nationality of travelers, but they maintain some similarities between them.
In this article we mention the requirements of the countries where we have volunteer programs in America:
- Depending on your nationality or country of residence, some destinations do not require a visa.
- Usually in some countries of the European Union, North America, and some of Latin America, you only have to have a valid passport, ticket returnto your country and economic solvency. These entry permits usually have a maximum duration of 90 days.
WHAT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED?
As we have commented, the requirements will vary depending on your nationality. Many countries have bilateral agreements, which facilitates the entry process to some countries. Here we offer you information on the basic requirements that usually enter most of the countries of America.
- Passport, valid for a minimum of 6 months.
- Travel insurance that covers medical care (It is mandatory)
- Yellow fever vaccination card. They do not usually ask for it, but it is recommended to have it on hand.
- Valid driving license, in case you rent a car.
DO I TRAVEL WITH MY CHILD WHAT DOCUMENT DO I NEED?
If you travel with your children in Latin America, it is good to know that they will not need any additional documents (passport, visa) to those that are requested as long as they travel with you.
It is recommended to bring the family book if you have it. However, if children do not travel with you, you may have to make an authorization official.
There is no mandatory vaccine in all of Latin America. However, if you are from a country where yellow fever is endemic and visits any of these countries, you may be asked to have that vaccine. In any case, we always recommend consulting the Embassy of the country in case something has changed regarding the obligatory nature of vaccines.
most of thesecountries Latin American Spanish is spoken in. However, you can find yourself in some countries like Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay and Haiti that have more languages that correspond to the indigenous ethnic groups in the area. You should keep in mind that what one word means in your country does not necessarily mean the same in another.