VOLUNTEERING PROJECT WITH OLDER PEOPLE
Participation in the adult assistance volunteer program in Costa Rica is the way to give all of our grandparents the love and affection they need. Without realizing it, you transmit joy and the desire to move forward.
Many of the adults who are in the adult volunteer assistance program in Costa Rica are not visited by family or friends. They also need something very important, company and love.
Because of the above, your help is more than welcome, your support and companionship will be of great motivation and joy for them. As a volunteer you give a motive and joy to these grandparents to move forward.
- Provide support in the senior center, providing companionship, joy and support to grandparents who have been abandoned or forgotten by their families in these centers.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
One of the main activities of the volunteer is to interact with older adults. In addition to organizing and participating in activities such as board games, storytelling, organizing walks around the center and depending on the case, support in basic computer teaching.
Some of the main activities of the volunteer program of adult assistance in Costa Rica in which the volunteer participates are:
RECREATION AND ASSISTANCE
- Remove adults from routine, outdoor activities, entertainment such as movies or theater. Supporting the feeding and moving of older adults from one place to another.
- To support the personnel of the center in the cleanliness and order of the home as: Cleaning of corridors, windows and common spaces and making beds.
CONVERSATION AND GAMES
- Playing games such as bingos or dominoes, reading stories, having a conversation with them on different topics, or playing music.
- The volunteer must be patient, organized and responsible, as he or she will carry out activities that help train the abilities and abilities of the older adult, in addition to accompanying them and listening to them.
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year round, except from the third week of December to the second week of January.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The meeting point upon arrival in Costa Rica is the Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO).
- Pick up time is from 8:00 to 21:30 hours. If you arrive outside these hours, you must pay a plus of 50€.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
The elderly care centre is located outside San Ramón. It works from Monday to Thursday, between 6 to 8 hours a day approximately.
- From the house where you are staying until the project will not be more than 18 km and the cost of the bus is no more than $1.50.
The required clothing is as follows:
- Jeans (jeans)
- Blouse or T-shirt
- Closed shoes
While you are in the center, you may not wear shorts, blouses, short dresses, or necklines.
It is important that you have an intermediate level of Spanish.
THE PROJECT IS CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
- From the third week of November until the second week of February the programme closes its doors.
COORDINATION IN THE PROJECT
Your general coordinator in Costa Rica is Gabriela, apart from the project coordinator who will be the person who will be with you during your volunteering in the project.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
- You will stay with families living in San Ramon selected by the organization.
- The accommodation includes the 3 daily meals, room with shared bathroom and use of the common areas of the house.
The price of the volunteer program for adult assistance in Costa Rica is divided into two parts. To register for the program, a deposit of 150€ must be paid. One (1) of your volunteer trip must make the payment for the rest of the program.
Each additional week in the adult assistance program is 170€. The price of the program is in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 meals during the course of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if required
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country