The purpose of this program is to enable the volunteer to assist children of different academic levels with basic education, to help improve school performance and encourage the integration into schools of children who have general learning difficulties specifically in fundamental subjects such as mathematics, Spanish, English. These children come from homes with economic difficulties which prevent them from having access to an adequate and quality education.
- Give additional support to students during teaching hours in the area of expertise of the volunteer
- Provide assistance during English lessons (for this activity volunteers must have a demonstrable level of English)
- Participation in sports activities that help the children integrate into school
- Participation in the rehabilitation and restoration of common and recreational areas of the school
- Participate in weekly talks on topics of social and environmental awareness
- Support in any other areas as determined by the director of the school in coordination with Adventure Volunteer
These activities can vary day to day depending on the annual schedule of the school.
It is not necessary to have a university degree or specific experience to participate in this program. Volunteers must be of the age of majority otherwise parental authorization is required.
We look for volunteers who are committed, participative, empathetic, and enthusiastic and who have the proclivity for the activities and tasks that make up this program.
SCHEDULE AND PLACE OF WORK
The Educational Centers have a 7:00 a.m. schedule. until 5:00 p.m. The schedule assigned to the volunteer will depend on the group assigned to him/her at the time of joining the school.
The Teaching and Reinforcement project will be open for you to participate between March 1 and November 30 at the Rural School in the Veraguas area, 6 hours from Panama City.
The Teaching and School Reinforcement project is also located in Chame, 1.5 hours from Panama City, between the months of June 15 and September 15, five (5) minutes from the volunteer’s home and you can participate in the schools of Chame and Bejuco, starting the first day of the week (Monday).
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
The accommodation includes a shared room and use of the common areas, laundry area and kitchen. There are three (3) meals a day; drinks and internet access (wifi) are not included.
Lunch and dinner are either in the house, in “fondas” (local bars) or in the project depending on the program.
The cost of the program is divided into two parts. A registration fee of €150 ($170)* is required initially. The remaining fee of €535 ($ 610)* for the first two weeks is required 1 month before the start of the program. There is an addition fee of €160 ($180)* for each additional week.
*Fees are subject to current currency exchange rates (costs are in Euros). Currency exchange rates for specific dates can be checked here: https://conversormoneda.com/
The rural education programme in the Veraguas area has an additional cost for logistics and transport of 45 euros.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Pick up from Tocumen International Airport
- Accommodation at the volunteer house
- Three (3) meals
- Orientation day in the project area
- Adventure Volunteer 24/7 Support
- Program monitoring and evaluation meeting
- Induction to the program
- Volunteer certificate upon completion if required
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Flight to Panama
- Visa, if necessary
- Health insurance
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks or special foods
- Travel inside or outside the country