In Honduras, many children go to school without having eaten at home. In this sense, the initiative has been taken to provide even one meal to the children who attend school, in addition to supporting them in their daily educational activities. This is done through the volunteer project of the child development center, which seeks through multiple activities to generate quality education and improve their living conditions in their day.
You can be part of this project and help our children, who are the most important pillar in our society, improve their skills and knowledge.
This page is for general information, you will have specific information about each project in its section, because depending on the program, different conditions or concepts will be included or excluded, they will also have different arrival and cooperation times.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
TEACHING AND SCHOOL REVIEW
Currently, many children do not have the opportunity to study or have access to education in Honduras. The school teaching and review space seeks that children who are between 6-15 years of age and have never been to school have a chance to improve their knowledge and skills.
Just by transmitting your knowledge in a dynamic way, you enrich the learning process of children and young people from the 3 communities with which we work.
SUPPORT IN THE CHILDREN’S DINING ROOM
The children’s canteen for children, looks in a way that children do not stop going to school and study.
Some of the activities you will support in this area:
- Pulling firewood
- Lighting the stove
- Delivering food to the children
- Support in the maintenance of the center
WORK IN THE FARM
You can collaborate where a large part of the food used in the dining rooms is produced. Vegetables are sown among which are: cucumbers, onions, beets, radishes, coriander, corn, others.
WHAT REQUIREMENTS MUST I HAVE TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
- To carry out these activities you must be able to facilitate the integration, training and participation of your classmates, community and children with whom you live during the volunteer program in Honduras.
- You must be of legal age.
- Medium level of Spanish is required.
It is not necessary that you have a university degree or specific experience to carry out specific training activities. Being a short-stay trip, the project is carried out by the local staff, which is trained for it, you after knowing the project and seeing the predisposition will participate in support mode to the local staff, being able to offer your skills and help always consulting any type of initiative other than the program.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year, which includes the school period and summer vacations.
- It can be reached any day of the week (Monday to Sunday). Regarding airport pick-ups, they are scheduled 24 hours a day, we also recommend that you arrive between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
HOURS AND COLLECTION POINT
- The collection point is the International Toncontín de Tegucigalpa .
- The scheduledschedule (recommended)for pickups is 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
- Within the volunteer program for children in Honduras, we have two shifts: the morning that is from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and the evening shift from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The virtual library is 5 minutes from the family home where the volunteer is staying. The schools where we have the projects the farthest is 7 kilometers between the mountains, 1 hour with 30 minutes by 4X4 vehicle. The others 15 minutes by motorcycle taxi.
COORDINATION IN HONDURAS
During your program you will have a general coordinator. In the case of the volunteer project, your coordinators will be Carlos and Jorge.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
The type of accommodation we have in Honduras is in family homes selected by the organization. You have to keep in mind that they are humble, the country is quite poor and you can suffer cuts of water and other supplies.
- The rooms in the families are with bathrooms and 3 meals a day are provided.
The price of the volunteer program in support of children’s dining rooms in Honduras is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, amust be paid € 150 signal. One month (1) before the start the final payment of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at € 130. The program prices are euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks realized in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Honduras
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks or diets or special meals
- Trips inside or outside the Country