VOLUNTEERING WITH FAMILIES AND THE COMMUNITY
One of the most important objectives for the organization is to get involved with youth, family and community development. Adventure Volunteer seeks through the community development volunteer program in the Dominican Republic, to promote leadership, skills development and the constructive use of our children’s, youth and women’s free time.
Every day with the support of volunteers and local staff we are building and creating support for the most vulnerable communities, with the aim of providing information to families with children with different abilities, the importance of being involved in education, therapies and inclusion Social of your children.
In the community development volunteer program, volunteers have the unique opportunity to present and implement their own ideas, always with the support of the organization’s local staff.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
With the programmed activities we not only transmit and help these communities and families, it also helps us more and more to understand and see the concerns and needs of these communities. In this way we can contribute and focus our efforts to those specific needs.
The work plan is created based on the needs of the communities with which we work. Establishing certain minimum activities that we develop with the support of the volunteer. Some of the activities in which you can get involved during your solidarity trip are:
- Talks and workshops on disability awareness.
- Workshops on family integration.
- Support in home visits.
- Realization and participation of educational and empowerment workshops in the development center.
- Help in family support.
- Participation of awareness activities.
With regard to the work carried out with the leader of the social development project and direct work with community members, advanced knowledge of Spanish is required. Likewise, for the other activities to be carried out in the volunteer program in community development in the Dominican Republic (Samaná), it is not required that you be an expert in the matter, just that you are a person who is empathetic, affectionate and willing to help is enough.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- This project is open all year.
- They can arrive any day of the week.
OPENING HOURS AND POINT
- You can arrive at Americas International Airport” (SDQ) or at the Catey Airport (Samaná), where you will be picked up by one of our taxi drivers.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
Every volunteer must work a minimum of 6 hours a day from Monday to Friday. Usually work shifts are from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- As for clothing, it is recommended to wear jeans, blouses (with sleeves) and closed shoes.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
- Volunteers stay in apartments, where they have rooms shared with other volunteers.
- They have common areas such as kitchens, shared bathrooms, free WIFI and the use of the washing machine.
You should keep in mind that meals are not included in this type of accommodation.
The price of the community development volunteer program is divided into two parts. The payment of the € 150 signal, to reserve the place in the program. At the latest one (1) month before the start of the program, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at 95€ . The program prices are euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of hours
- Spent in your volunteering Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the election of the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Dominican Republic
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Visa, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and meals
- Trips inside or outside the Country