Volunteers will assist in the process of rebuilding schools according to their ability and need of local schools and homes. With the support of volunteers, safe spaces are created for children to continue their education and live up after the earthquakes in Nepal.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
Volunteers work closely with the local Nepalese school community to help rebuild schools.
The tasks will include, among others, the following:
- Small-scale reconstruction, including the construction of brick walls and the construction of roof structures.
- Maintenance and / or development of the landscape and site.
- Install water purification systems and convey the importance of these systems to children and teachers.
- Demolition of condemned buildings.
- Construction of new classrooms from the foundation level.
- Installation of insulation for classrooms to reduce heat accumulation.
- Plastering of new structures.
- Painting that also includes murals and images for classrooms.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- This project is only open in July and August.
- You can arrive any day of the week, we also recommend that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation into the project.
SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION POINT
- You must arrive at Kathmandu Airport (KTM), where you will be picked up by the assigned logistics coordinator.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
- The reconstruction volunteer projects in Nepal are located in Kathmandu.
- It works from Monday to Friday between 4 to 6 hours approximately per day.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
During the project, you will stay with a Nepalese host family near the location of the chosen project. Host families are very welcoming and create lasting relationships. Staying with a Nepalese family will allow you to know the true culture of this country, its traditions, and also be part of its local celebrations and festivals.
The accommodation includes:
- Two meals (breakfast and dinner).
- Bed in a shared room with other volunteers
- Hand-washing spaces
- Use of common areas
The price of the volunteer program in care centers in Nepal is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, amust be paid € 150 signal. One (1) month before the start of your volunteer, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at € 120. The prices of volunteer programs in care centers in Nepal are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- Two meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks made in your volunteer
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil responsibility for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the election of theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Travel inside or outside the country