SPORTS VOLUNTEERING IN CARTAGENA
The cultural volunteering with sport program in Colombia is one of the best tools to provide children and young people with healthy and fun activities. These activities fulfill various purposes such as physical and mental well-being, teach discipline and order, and allow them to develop the spirit of competition in an orderly and healthy way.
Sports and cultural activities are complemented by attention to health, values and discipline.
The following children are benefiting from the program of cultural volunteering with sport in Colombia:
- The Soccer school benefits 140 children and young people.
- Forty children and young people participate in athletics.
- There are 155 children practicing dance.
- With baseball 45 children
- Swimming has 10 children
- In the areas of music and percussion there are 40 children
- Keep children and youth active and away from gangs while making good use of their free time.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
The lack of opportunities makes many young people linked to crime, so it is necessary to offer them options that may be linked to music, sport or cultural activities.
It is expected that as a volunteer you will participate in the education and training of children and young people in the following cultural and sporting activities:
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year round (except national holidays and holidays from December to mid-January).
- The arrival days are Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays, so that your incorporation to the project is better.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- You must arrive at Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG), where you will be picked up by the taxi driver or coordinator of the organization.
- Pick up time is from 8:00 to 21:00 (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
- The activities of the different sports are carried out in sports scenarios located in the sector where the organization is located in Cartagena.
- Collaboration from Monday to Friday
- Trainings are held regularly from 14:00 to 17:00 hours, three times a week. Many children attend school and then attend scheduled sports and cultural activities. In the morning you do sports activities with children and seniors at the school.
HOW IS THE ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS IN CARTAGENA?
All volunteers are accommodated in a hostel selected by the organization. They are regularly located in safe areas and close to the walled city.
The accommodation includes you:
- Bed, in a shared room
- Breakfast during your volunteering
- Use of common areas
- WIFI (internet)
The price of the cultural volunteering program with sport in Colombia is divided into two parts. In order to register for the program, a deposit of 150€ must be paid. One (1) month before the beginning of your volunteering the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week has a price of 180€. The prices of the cultural volunteering program with sport in Colombia are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation in a hostel during your volunteering period
- 1 Breakfast a day during your stay
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Cartagena
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country