VOLUNTARY WITH CHILDREN OF DIFFERENT CAPABILITIES
Sensory activities allow children who already have a diagnosis, such as: autism, down syndrome, delay in language development, attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity, a achieve an “adaptive response”, that is, successfully achieve an activity until you acquire more complex skills such as writing, drawing, learning and communicating effectively and affectively.
The areas that are stimulated are: the proprioceptive, vestibular and tactile system through physical activities and frequent contact with your own body. At the end of the period it is desired to develop social skills and abilities in children for a positive socialization in the classroom.
To regulate and modify non-adaptive behaviors, which our children have in the classroom with children with different abilities.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
The activities that I will carry out general and that are programmed are the following:
- Assessment of the areas: social and motor.
- Results writing.
- Classification of groups.
- Development of programs by group (general objective) and student (specific objective).
- Delivery of schedules to parents, managers and teachers in charge of each student.
- Execution of activities:
- Stimulation work with children
- Work for language development
- Support in workshops
- Child assistance
- Activity planning
- Observation and reporting
- Play and recreational activities
- Support in the sensory stimulation classroom.
- Restoration of common areas and recreation of the school.
- Collaborate in the “school-community” advocacy activities: community work, school festivals, collaborative projects with other local schools, intercultural camp, collections and donations for social assistance organizations.
- Support in the areas determined by the school principal in coordination with Adventure Volunteer.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The functional diversity and sensory stimulation project in the volunteering in Mexico is open from the last week of August until the last day of June. During the national holidays the educational centers remain closed, also the last two weeks of December and the first week of January and during the Easter break.
- You can arrive any day of the week, it is equally preferable that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation into the project and there is less traffic.
SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION POINT
- The schedule and pick-up point may vary depending on the availability of buses at the airport. Once, at the Benito Juárez International Airport in Mexico City, you must board a bus that leaves the interior of the airport, through the company “Red Star” or “ADO” bound for Puebla. According to the hourly availability, the terminal of Puebla is chosen which will be reached: CAPU, 4 west or Plaza San Diego.
When taking the bus, the volunteer must notify the coordinator of their point of arrival to be picked up and transferred to the volunteer house.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
- It works from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The schedule assigned to the volunteer will depend on the group assigned to him at the time of joining the educational center, with options from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon or from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The project is developed in the municipality of Zacatelco, at a distance of 20 minutes, by public transport, from the volunteer’s house, located in Tlaxcala, the state capital.
Keep in mind that this volunteer program is based on the Mexican school period. The schedules or the existence of extracurricular activities are not guaranteed since it depends on the children who are scheduled or enrolled in the activities.
COORDINATION IN THE PROJECT
During your program functional diversity and sensory stimulation you will have a general coordinator, apart from project managers or managers in the centers. In the case of Tlaxcala, your coordinator will be Milén.
Once you are part of the Adventure Volunteer team, Milén will give you an induction to the program and the work to be done.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
The volunteer’s house is located in Acuitlapilco, Tlaxcala. CP 90740.
- You will sleep in a single or double bed.
- You share rooms with other volunteers, depending on availability.
- The shared bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, the utility room, the dining room and the garden are common spaces for those who inhabit the house.
- The accommodation includes breakfast at the volunteer’s house (toast, coffee, milk, cereals, tea, fruit) and lunch at the school (organization menu).
The price of the volunteer project of functional diversity and sensory stimulation with children in, Tlaxcala, Mexico, is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, must be paid € 150 signal. One (1) month before the start of your volunteer, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at € 110. The prices of the volunteer project of functional diversity and sensory stimulation with children in Mexico, are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the Puebla bus station and transfer to the volunteer’s house
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 1 Breakfast every day of the week and 1 lunch from Monday to Friday in the organization
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team and local organization
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation in the area of accommodation and volunteering and induction to the program
- Certificate of the week carried out in your volunteering
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country and transport to Puebla (bus price € 15)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transport or excursions
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Visa, if required
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Travel or excursions inside or outside the country