The home for children in poverty in southern Mexico was built to be a hotel, the house either to give an opportunity to these lost young people who have found themselves in a vulnerable situation since they decided to leave their homes because they suffer some kind of mistreatment or perhaps because their parents are in jail or rehabilitation centers.
The center has been working with children up to 15 years of age for almost a decade, currently they are cared for by two people who run the center, In addition to the international volunteers who could collaborate in this program Giving support to the coordinators
Currently they are caring for around 25 children between the ages of 3 and 14. The mission of the center would be to work with each of the children so that they feel confident about themselves and have the ability to improve emotionally and feel loved.
We want for them to obtain a future without fear with the ability to have responsibilities and form a family based on learned values.
As a volunteer you will be supporting the following activities:
- Playful activities and motor skills with the little ones
- Support reading and writing
- Carry out workshops that help develop their skills
- Recreational activities
- Institution maintenance support
- Basic education
- Adapted personalized teaching
These activities may vary from day to day, depending on the school schedule. Volunteer programs in Mexico are open all year
It is not necessary that you have a university degree or specific experience to carry out the training activities to be carried out, but we will ask you:
- You are of legal age.
- A participative and committed person,
- Have a lot of enthusiasm and empathy.
- Availability for the activities and tasks carried out in the project.
About participating in the program
- The volunteer project at the children’s home shelter in Mexico is open any day of the year. During national holidays the educational centers are closed, also the last two weeks of December and the first week of January and during the Easter recess.
- It is interesting that you arrive in Chiapas on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday , as it facilitates incorporation into the project and orientation about the program and the place.
SCHEDULE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The collection time and point will be in San Cristobal de las Casas (Chiapas).
- You will be received from the station or airport as you arrive.
- The schedule will be in the mornings from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., also in the afternoons you can carry out recreational activities with children in situations of poverty and vulnerability.
- The project is developed in the San Cristobal de las Casas municipality, at a distance of 20 minutes walking from the volunteer’s house, located in Chiapas.
Being a 24-hour reception center, volunteers can be with the children in the afternoons doing sports or other recreational activities
Who will be my destination coordinator?
During your program you will have a general coordinator, apart from project managers or managers in the centers. In the case of San Cristobal de las Casas your coordinator will be Cittlally
Where will I live?
The accommodation in your Mexico volunteer is located in San Cristobal de las Casas and provides you with the following:
- Single bed in rooms with other volunteers, depending on availability.
- The shared bathroom
- Use of common areas
The contribution to the volunteer project in the home shelter with street children in Mexico is divided into two parts. To register for the program, you must pay € 150. One (1) month before the start of your volunteering, the final contribution of the program must be made.
|2 WEEKS||€ 395|
|3 WEEKS||€ 460|
|4 WEEKS||€ 525|
|5 WEEKS||€ 590|
|6 WEEKS||€ 655|
|8 WEEKS||€ 785|
|10 WEEKS||€ 915|
|12 WEEKS||€ 1045|
For each additional week you must contribute € 65. Contributions to the project are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange in the period of your volunteering.
What I have included?
- Welcome at the bus station or at the airport
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 24/7 team support
- Monitoring, orientation in the accommodation area and induction to the program
- Certificate of your volunteering
- Tax Certificate
- Guide, advice and management in choosing the program
- Volunteering lesson
Which I have not included
- Mexico flight and transportation to San Cristobal de la Casas
- Travel medical insurance
- Internal transport or excursions
- Vaccinations, if necessary
- Visa if required
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Bottled water
- Trips or excursions inside or outside the country