The Teaching and school support program is focused on the integral development of skills and knowledge in young’s with whom we work in the school. Trough educational and training programs, where the objective is our beneficiaries can explore their capacities and apply them.
The program allows you provide support in the education of our young people in a unique and creative way. Your actions are focused to academic develop, technical strengths and artistic, besides in addition to strengthening and improve the skills for a social and professional develop.
- The activities to be carried out:
- Support the teacher in different subjects the volunteer dominate, like maths, music, art among others.
- Support in subjects difficult for the student (if the volunteer master the language)
- Perform activities and check class exercises.
- Give talks focused in social conscience.
- Support with cleanliness and order inside and outside the classroom.
- Support in the development of didactic material.
- Teaching English classes to children and young people in the community.
The volunteer must be able to make easy the formation and participation of his colleagues and the population with which he works and lives during the stay and realization of the program.
You must be of legal age, otherwise your parents’ authorization is required. To do this program it is not necessary that you have a university degree or specific knowledge.
Medium Spanish level for specific activities. (Not for English teacher)
SCHEDULE AND PLACE OF WORK
The teaching and school support program has two turns:
- Morning: from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Evening: from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The center where the School Teaching and Reinforcement program is developed is approximately 5 blocks away, so it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to walk.
The program is developed from January to December.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
You will be staying with selected families of Sacatepéquez-Guatemala, you will sleep in shared rooms with bathroom. You will have at your disposal the common areas of the house.
Lodging includes three meals a day, from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays breakfast is only given and Sundays do not include meals. (If you have a special diet because of health or other circumstances, it will be notified to the family you live with (Example: Vegetarians).
The total cost of the school reinforcement volunteer program in Guatemala, is from 585€ for two weeks. Each additional week costs 180€. (The price in dollars is approximate).
The prices of the volunteer program are in euros, so the currency exchange will have real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Airport pick up
- Accommodation in homes of selected families.Orientation day
- Three (3) meals a day
- Adventure Volunteer 24/7 Support
- Program monitoring and evaluation meeting
- Induction to the program
- voluntary certificate upon completion
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Flight to Guatemala
- Visa, if necessary
- Health insurance
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks or special foods.
- Travel outside or inside the country.