We know that education is one of the most important aspects for the improvement of skills and knowledge of our children. The Teaching and School reinforcement volunteer program in Guatemala provides educational support in basic subjects that are important for the growth of every child. We also implement extracurricular activities such as music, painting, dancing and sports. These activities help children develop and improve their skills in a more dynamic and easier way.
The Teaching and School reinforcement volunteer program in Guatemala allows you to provide support in the education of our children and youth in a creative and unique way. Your actions will be focused on academic development, technical and artistic skills, as well as strengthening and improving skills for social and professional development.
YOUR ROLE AS A VOLUNTEER
All the support provided by the volunteers in the Teaching and School reinforcement volunteer program in Guatemala is highly valued by the local staff, not only for the help in the activities with the children, but also for the exchange of experiences and knowledge that you can offer.
The educational activities carried out by our volunteers are the following:
- Assisting the teachers during basic subjects such as Maths, English, Music, Sports, Arts, and others.
- Helping to explain individually the material that some students might find more difficult.
- Creating and correcting exercises carried out in class.
- Offering talks on social awareness.
- Cleaning and organizing the inside and outside of the classroom.
- Preparing teaching material.
- Teaching English to children and young people of the community.
An intermediate level of Spanish is required for specific activities (not for English teachers).
SCHEDULE AND PLACE OF WORK
Our volunteers usually work on two shifts from Monday to Friday, one in the morning from 7:30 am to 1:00 pm, and one in the afternoon from 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
You can participate in the program during the school period in Guatemala, which is from January to December.
The center where the volunteer program is developed is located 5 blocks away from the accommodation, so the journey will take you about 10 to 15 minutes on foot.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
You will be staying with a selected host family of Sacatepéquez-Guatemala. The houses offer rooms shared with other volunteers of the same gender, shared bathrooms and common areas.
The accommodation includes three daily meals from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays, volunteers only receive breakfast and on Sundays meals aren’t provided. If you have a special diet because of health or other reasons (vegetarians, etc.), we will notify the family you will live with.
The total cost of the Teaching and School reinforcement volunteer program in Guatemala starts at €585 for two weeks. Each additional week costs €180. (The price in dollars is approximate.)
The prices of the volunteer program are in euros, so the currency exchange will be affected. You can check the currency exchange rate in the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Airport pick-up and transfer to the volunteer house
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 daily meals during your participation in the program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Volunteering certificate
- Donation to the projects
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability insurance for your volunteering activities
- Guidance and advice on the choice of the program
- Volunteering T-shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Flight to Guatemala
- Visa, if necessary
- Health insurance
- Internal transportation
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Extra meals or drinks
- Travels in and out the country