We know that education is one of the most important means for our children to improve their skills and knowledge. The volunteer program in Teaching and school reinforcement in Guatemala, works with the objective of providing educational assistance in basic but important topics for the growth of every child. In addition to implementing extracurricular activities such as music, painting, dancing and sports. These activities help children develop and improve their skills in a more dynamic and easy way.
The school reinforcement volunteer program in school Guatemala allows you to provide support in the education of our children and youth in a creative and unique way. Your actions are focused on academic development, technical and artistic strengths, as well as strengthening and improving skills for social and professional development.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
The volunteer must be able to facilitate the training and participation of their colleagues and the population with whom they work and live together during the stay and implementation of the program.
All support provided by volunteers in the school reinforcement volunteer program in Guatemala is highly valued by local staff, not only for the help in activities with children, but also for the exchange of experiences and knowledge that can be given.
- Support the teacher of subjects in subjects that the volunteer dominates, as in mathematics, English, music, sport, art, others.
- Support the reinforcement of subjects that are difficult for the student (if the volunteer manages the language).
- Perform activities and review exercises in class.
- Provide talks focused on social awareness.
- Support with cleanliness and order in and out of the classroom.
- Support in the development of teaching material.
- Teach English to children and youth in the community.
- Perform activities that reinforce language learning.
- Language teaching both grammatically and conversation level.
Medium level of Spanish is required for specific activities. (not for English teacher).
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year, during the school period in Guatemala, except for national holidays and vacations.
You can arrive any day of the week, it is equally preferable that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation into the project and there is less traffic.
SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION POINT
- The collection point is La Aurora International Airport.
- The scheduled time for Pickups are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The Teaching and school reinforcement program has two shifts from Monday to Friday, the morning that would be from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and the evening shift from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The program runs between the months of January to December, which includes the school period.
The center where the Teaching and School Reinforcement program is developed is approximately 5 blocks away, so it will take you 10 to 15 minutes to walk.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
- You will stay with selected families from Sacatepéquez-Guatemala.
- You will sleep in shared rooms with bathroom.
- Will have at your disposal the common areas of the house.
The lodging includes three daily meals, from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays breakfast is only given and on Sundays it does not include meals. (If you have a special diet for health or other circumstances, it will be notified to the family you live with. (Example: Vegetarians).
The price of the volunteer program andnseñanza and school reinforcement inGuatemala,is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, amust be paid € 150 signal. One month (1) before the start the final payment of the program must be paid.
Every week Additional price is € 180. The prices of the volunteer program are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks realized in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets or special meals
- Travel inside or outside the Country