Are you studying medicine?, Are you nurse? Do you want to put your skills and knowledge into practice?. We have a medical and health volunteer program in India. Where in company with our medical team and our mobile van you can attend and help children and young people from vulnerable communities in India.
The main objective of the Health and Medicine Volunteer Program in India is to provide medical care to part of the population living in rural areas and slums of Jaipur. There is a van that is put into operation every day and works as a clinic that provides advice, medical care and health.
The support provided with the volunteer program in health and medicine strengthens the confidence of the people served in themselves and they feel that there are people who care about them, in addition to caring for and supporting them.
As a volunteer you can find that many street children are exploited and forced to work, even sick. This environment and treatment causes many of them to have diseases such as:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV / AIDS
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
One of the main functions of the volunteer is the support to the local medical team. If you are a volunteer who is studying medicine, a nurse or have first aid knowledge, the chances of supporting in more specific areas will be greater.
If you do not have experience, doctors will indicate the activities you can support, as there are many different situations and cases.
The truck’s medical team is made up of: a doctor, a nurse, an assistant, a counselor, a receptionist and a local volunteer.
Some of the revisions and care given in the Volunteer Program in Health and Medicine are:
- Blood pressure
- Height and weight
- Treatment for minor wounds
- Patient records
Usually tasks and activities vary from day to day.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year. Also on special dates such as festivals you can join and participate in the activities organized in the center. That is, you can arrive any day of the year and you will be welcome to be part of our volunteer program.
Some of these festivals are:
- Camel Festival- Bikaner which is on January 12 and 13
- Kite Festival – Jaipur on January 14
- Holi Festival of colors that is on March 20 and 21
- Teej Festival that takes place on August 4
- The Festival of Sisters that is August 15 d
- Dusshera Festival on October 8
- Diwali Festival of Lights on October 27
- Pushkar Camel Fair from November 4 to 12
OPENING HOURS AND POINT
- The collection point is Jaipur International Airport,
- The Schedule scheduled for airport pickups is from 8:00 AM to 9:30 PM. (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The activities in the volunteer program in health and medicine take place in several parts of the city of Jaipur from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Jaipur.
On weekends you will have them free, which you can take advantage of to get to know the country or take an excursion. Our local coordinator will guide you on the places that may be of interest to you and how to reach them.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
Volunteers stay in foster homes of families selected by the organization.
- You will be provided with the 3 daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the performance of your volunteering.
The meals given to the volunteer are typical of India, however they are not very spicy and vegetarian. Usually at breakfast you have tea / coffee, bread / Poha or Indian paratha available. At lunch and dinner they usually put Indian vegetables, rice, yogurt, pickles and fruits.
Host families where volunteers stay have experience in foreign housing issues. They can also communicate in English and are very friendly and respectful.
The price of Volunteer program in health and medicine in India is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program , a € 150 signal must be paid. The rest of the cost is made one month before the trip.
Each additional week is priced at € 160. (Prices are in Euros) to convert your local currency you can use the currency converter.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of hours spent in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transports and excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages, diets or special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country