MEDICAL VOLUNTEER IN NEPAL
The medical volunteer project in Nepal, are available for medical professionals, medical students, nurses and trainees in any area of medicine.
All volunteers will have the opportunity to put their skills and knowledge into practice, in addition to providing a much-needed service for the local Nepalese community. They will experience firsthand how basic medical care works in a third world country and how to help only with basic equipment.
Every week of your volunteering you have the possibility of being in a different room and thus knowing the true work of a hospital in Nepal. The volunteer will also be placed according to their abilities.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
Volunteers work closely with local hospital staff. The volunteer works in different departments of the hospital. They will be guided by professional doctors and nurses, in addition to observing and learning about medical practices in Nepal.
The tasks will include, among others, the following:
- Support in patient care
- Attention in pressure, pulse and temperature control
- Wound healing
- Surgical assistance
- Performing medical exams
- General support to the hospital medical team
All these tasks are specific for volunteers with knowledge in areas of medicine and under the suppression of a coordinator.
AREAS WHERE THE VOLUNTEER CAN COLLABORATE
- General Medicine
- UCI / CCU Department
- ServicesDental Service
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- This project is open all year.
- You can arrive any day of the week, we also recommend that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation into the project.
SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION POINT
- You must arrive at Kathmandu Airport (KTM), where you will be picked up by the assigned logistics coordinator.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
- The medical volunteer projects are located in Kathmandu.
- It works from Monday to Friday between 4 to 6 hours approximately per day.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
During the project, you will stay with a Nepalese host family near the location of the chosen project. Host families are very welcoming and create lasting relationships. Staying with a Nepalese family will allow you to know the true culture of this country, its traditions, and also be part of its local celebrations and festivals.
The accommodation includes:
- Two meals (breakfast and dinner).
- Bed in a dormitory room with other volunteers
- Hand-washing spaces
- Use of common areas
The price of the medical volunteer program in Nepal is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, amust be paid € 150 signal. One (1) month before the start of your volunteer, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at 145€. The prices of medical volunteer programs in Nepal are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- Two meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks made in your volunteer
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil responsibility for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the election of the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country