The volunteer education program in Nepal was created to support children from poor families, orphans and provide support in monasteries in Nepal. It works in community schools, adult schools and bridge schools. Approximately 500 children and 81 families are currently benefiting. The ages of the children we work with range from 5 to 18 years.
The volunteer teaching programs in Nepal are recommended for: teachers, students, teenage volunteers and anyone interested in sharing their knowledge and putting their skills into practice.
The volunteer education programs in Nepal are developed in four places in Nepal: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan and Gorkha.
YOUR ROLE AS A VOLUNTEER
- English language teaching (tenses, grammar, speech and pronunciation).
- Mathematics instruction (according to student standard and classroom curriculum).
- Illustrative teaching activities, as well as support in the English and math lab.
- Support for teachers to complete the curriculum.
- Supporting students in household chores.
- Problem solving sessions with students
- To help in a personalized way the students with more specific educational difficulties.
- Group meetings with students and teachers.
- Talks about the negative effects of chewing tobacco, smoking, intoxication, etc.
- Providing support in the school kitchen, food preparation and food service for children.
- Help monks complete daily tasks
- Teach English, if you are fluent in the language
- Give classes in geography, art and crafts
- Teach how to use computer tools
- Participate in outdoor activities and games
- Support for extracurricular activities
- To support the staff of the monastery in the care of the site and the programming of daily activities.
- Assistance with documentation
- Other assistance required by the Monastery
- Support in English language classes for tribal children
- Teach about the importance of hygiene
- Classes on environmental education
- Teach tribal parents
- Helping at the boarding school
- Supporting arts and crafts education
- Participate in activities and games with children
TIME AND PLACE OF WORK
All volunteers work Monday through Friday, approximately 6 hours a day. Our teaching projects take place in the following cities Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan and Gorkha.
The day-to-day of the volunteer usually begins with the orientation and induction of the project. This is done the first 2 days of your arrival, where you meet the rest of the volunteers, learn about Nepalese customs and visit the chosen project.
The schedule is usually from 9:00 to 12:30 hours, and from 14:00 to 17:00 hours. The weekends are free, in which you can take advantage and get to know the country a little more.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
Accommodation is in Nepali hostels, selected by the organization. The volunteer shelters are available:
- Welcoming common spaces
- Internet access
- Rooms with shared bathrooms
- Laundry spaces for hand-washing clothes
The distance from accommodations to projects is no more than 10 to 15 minutes walking.
The total cost of the volunteer teaching program in Nepal, is from 585€ for two weeks. Each additional week costs 180€. (The price in dollars is approximate).
The prices of the volunteer education program in Nepal are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport
- Accommodation with a Nepalese host family
- Meals during the performance of your volunteer work
- Orientation and induction to the project
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Certificate of Volunteerism