VOLUNTEER SCHOOL REVIEW AND TEACHING
The volunteer education programme in Nepal was created to support children from low-income families or orphans, in addition to providing support in several monasteries in Nepal.
It works in community schools and adult schools. Currently, more than 500 children and 81 families are benefiting. The ages of the children we work with are between 5 and 18 years old.
The volunteer teaching programs in Nepal are recommended for: teachers, students, teenage volunteers and anyone interested in sharing their knowledge and putting their skills into practice.
The volunteer teaching programs in Nepal are developed in four places in Nepal: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan and Gorkha.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
- English language teaching (tenses, grammar, speech and pronunciation).
- Mathematics instruction (according to student standard and classroom curriculum).
- Illustrative teaching activities, as well as support in the English and math lab.
- Support for teachers to complete the curriculum.
- Supporting students in household chores.
- Problem solving sessions with students
- To help in a personalized way the students with more specific educational difficulties.
- Group meetings with students and teachers.
- Talks about the negative effects of chewing tobacco, smoking, intoxication, etc.
- Providing support in the school kitchen, food preparation and food service for children.
- Help monks complete daily tasks
- Teach English, if you are fluent in the language
- Give classes in geography, art and crafts
- Teach how to use computer tools
- Participate in outdoor activities and games
- Support for extracurricular activities
- To support the staff of the monastery in the care of the site and the programming of daily activities.
- Assistance with documentation
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- This project is open all year round, according to the school period in Nepal.
- You can arrive any day of the week, we also recommend that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation to the project.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- You must arrive at Kathmandu airport (KTM), where you will be picked up by your assigned logistics coordinator.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
All volunteers work Monday through Friday, approximately 6 hours a day. Our teaching projects take place in Katmandu.
The day-to-day of the volunteer usually begins with the orientation and induction of the project. This is done the first 2 days of your arrival, where you meet the rest of the volunteers, learn about Nepalese customs and visit the chosen project.
The schedule is usually from 9:00 to 12:30 hours, and from 14:00 to 17:00 hours. The weekends are free, in which you can take advantage and get to know the country a little more.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
Accommodation is in Nepali hostels, selected by the organization. The houses of welcome for volunteers count on:
- Welcoming common spaces
- Internet access
- Rooms with shared bathrooms
- Laundry spaces for hand-washing clothes
The distance from accommodations to projects is no more than 10 to 15 minutes walking.
The price of the volunteer education program in Nepal is divided into two parts. In order to register for the program, a deposit of 150€ must be paid. One (1) month before the beginning of your volunteering, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week price 120€. The prices of the volunteer teaching program in Nepal are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner) during the implementation of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country