Visiting India requires your time, lots of information and desire to have a great adventure. It is a country that can provoke a cultural shock that very few countries generate, it is unique! What better than being part of a childcare volunteer project in India.
But not everything is beautiful as we would like. The problems of poverty, inequality and child labor mean that many children do not have the opportunity to access education, mainly children who have abandoned their families, or because they have lost their families and in some cases are children rescued from child labor. These realities keep our children from the joys of their childhood and make them require a lot of affection, love, attention and mainly a good education. Many of the children who come to the child care volunteer project, seek attention and support from everyone who collaborates in the center, including volunteers. We serve children from 0 to 18 years. Important ages for the development of their skills and knowledge.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
The volunteer is always well received in volunteer programs such as child care, as it provides love, attention and love to our children. We need volunteers who want to support and contribute their grain of sand. The volunteer can be involved in all scheduled activities such as:
- Support in teaching subjects such as: mathematics and English.
- Organization of educational and educational games.
- Collaboration in dance, singing and drawing spaces.
- Support awareness and awareness programs on health and hygiene.
- Help orphanage staff in daily tasks in areas such as: cooking, cleaning and distribution of food.
As a volunteer you must be prepared for difficult situations. You will almost always work in a place where you must be a person prepared to listen to painful stories. You should also be adaptable and flexible because you work with children and in rural places. May this not discourage you, the children receive you and thank you with the best of their smiles for the support and time you share with them.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year. Also on special dates such as festivals you can join and participate in the activities that are organized. That is, you can arrive any day of the year and you will be welcome to be part of our volunteer program.
Some of these festivals are:
- Camel Festival- Bikaner which is on January 12 and 13
- Kite Festival – Jaipur on January 14
- Holi Festival of colors that is on March 20 and 21
- Teej Festival that takes place on August 4
- The festival of Sisters that is on August 15
- Dusshera Festival on October 8
- Diwali Festival of Lights on October 27
- Pushkar Camel Fair from November 4 to 12
OPENING HOURS AND POINT
- The collection point is Jaipur International Airport,
- The schedule Scheduled for airport pick-up is from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
In the childcare center volunteer program in India you will work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the childcare center. You will have weekends to know and visit the country.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
Volunteers stay in shelters selected by the association in downtown areas and outside Jaipur. The houses have access to Wi-Fi connection. It has kitchen, living and dining spaces that you can use. It has rooms that you will share with other volunteers of the same gender.
In the accommodation they will provide you with the 3 daily meals, during your stay in the program (Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Breakfast: It is served between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning. Coffee, tea, milk, bread, jam, butter or egg are served.
- The meal: The lunch schedule (meals) regularly starts from 12:00 and 14:00 hours. They are typical Indian foods.
- Dinner: What is served at dinner is similar to lunch (lunch) and is usually served after 7:00 p.m.
The house has tap water, although we recommend volunteers to buy bottled water to drink. They cost 20 rupees (€ 0.25) for each bottle.
It is known that toilet paper is not usually used in India. The volunteer can purchase it on their own in supermarkets or stores where it can be found.
The price of the childcare volunteer project in India is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, a € 150 signal must be paid. Up to 1 month before the start of the program, the rest of the program can be paid.
Each additional week is priced at € 160. The prices of volunteer programs in care centers in India are in euros. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil responsibility for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Travel inside or outside the Country