The volunteer program with children of different abilities in Nicaragua, seeks to support and work through personalized classes and small groups of children with hyperactivity, bullying and special needs. This program aims to propose and develop activities, dance workshops, drawing, educational games and support for family members with whom we collaborate.
As a volunteer, you will be able to support children and young people individually and in groups. To teach them to develop their skills and basic knowledge for their daily life and to help them to join the educational system of their country.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
The following activities will be carried out in the volunteer program with children of different abilities in Nicaragua:
- Concentration techniques.
- Psychological support for self-esteem.
- Talk about the repercussions of bullying.
- Didactic games and workshops for children.
- Relaxation techniques for hyperactive children.
- Talks within the family nucleus.
The volunteer to be participative, empathetic and enthusiastic with the people, community and children with whom the activities of its program are developed.
For the development of the volunteer program with children of different abilities in Nicaragua it is required that the volunteer has at least one of these formative abilities, essential the Spanish.
- Have training in the branch of Child Psychology or similar.
- To be in training in Child Psychology or similar.
- Certified experience of having worked in the branch of Psychology or similar.
- Experience in social work.
- Speak average Spanish.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
Within the program of volunteering with children of different abilities in Nicaragua, we have two shifts Monday through Friday the morning that would be from 8:00 to 11:45 a.m and the afternoon shift from 1:00 to 4:45 p.m. The program runs from March to December, which includes the school period.
The school review center is 5 minutes from the center of the town of Granada, its facilities are developed in several basements of the town where children are separated by age.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
Once you are picked up from the airport, you will stay with selected Nicaraguan families in the village of Granada, sleep in shared rooms with en-suite bathrooms and have common areas at your disposal. You will also have wifi connection.
The accommodation includes the 3 daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) provided by the family where you live, on the day of your orientation you will be explained together with the coordinator of the program the schedules of meals according to your project and family. Some projects will provide lunch.
The contribution of the volunteer program with children of different abilities in Nicaragua is divided into two parts, to make the registration for the program you must pay a deposit of 150 €. One month before the beginning of the program, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week has a cost of 150€. The currency exchange will have real effect, prices are in euros, check the currency exchange in the period of your trip.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the volunteer’s home.
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 meals during the course of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Nicaragua
- Visa, if necessary
- Medical Insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages, diets or special meals