VOLUNTEERING IN GRANADA
Education is one of the most important pillars for the development of every person. Currently, many children do not have the opportunity to study and do not have access to education. The program of volunteer school reinforcement for children in Nicaragua, seeks to enhance and develop all the skills and knowledge of children and young people who attend the projects where we collaborate.
It is not necessary that you are an expert to help in the volunteer program school reinforcement and support for children with special needs in Nicaragua, the most important thing we ask is that you have the desire to help and share experiences, cultures and traditions.
Just by transmitting your knowledge in a dynamic way, you enrich the learning process of children and young people in the communities with which we work.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
SCHOOL REVIEW AREA
There are didactic, educational and English language teaching activities for young children and additional classes are scheduled:
- Lessons on habitat and environment
- Didactic games
- Impart values
The following activities are carried out for primary and secondary school children:
- Reinforcement of primary subjects such as Spanish and mathematics
- Computer teaching and English classes
- Dance: Folklore and/or Modern of various rhythms
- Free Photoshop course.
The volunteer will also support the following activities:
- Support in the computer room
- Kitchen support
- Plant maintenance
SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
We work with personalized classes and small groups of children with hyperactivity, bullying and special needs. This program aims to propose and develop activities, dance workshops, drawing, educational games and support for family members with whom we collaborate.
As a volunteer, you will be able to support children and young people individually and in groups. To teach them to develop their skills and basic knowledge for their daily life and to help them to join the educational system of their country.
The following activities will be carried out with children of different abilities in Nicaragua:
- Concentration techniques.
- Psychological support for raising self-esteem.
- Talk about the repercussions of bullying.
- Didactic games and workshops for children.
- Relaxation techniques for hyperactive children.
- Talks within the family nucleus.
The volunteer to be participative, empathetic and enthusiastic with the people, community and children with whom the activities of their area are developed.
For the support in this area it is required that the volunteer has at least one of these formative skills, essential the Spanish.
- Have training in the branch of Child Psychology or similar.
- To be in training in Child Psychology or similar.
- Certified experience of having worked in the branch of Psychology or similar.
- Experience in social work.
- Speak average Spanish.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
- To carry out these activities you must be able to facilitate the integration, training and participation of their peers, community and children with whom you live during the implementation of the volunteer program school reinforcement for children in Nicaragua.
- You must be of legal age.
- It is not necessary that you have a university degree or specific experience to carry out specific training activities.
As it is a short stay trip, the project is carried out by the local staff, who are trained for it. After meeting you and seeing your predisposition, you will participate in a support mode to the local staff, being able to offer your skills and help always consulting any type of initiative different from the program.
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
The teaching and reinforcement project is open all year round, except on the following dates:
- From 15 to 02 January for children’s holidays.
- May 1st.
- October 03 and 04, as it is a holiday in the community.
- For the 14th and 15th of September, for national holidays.
- Easter, this varies every year..
It is possible to arrive any day of the week (from Monday to Sunday)
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The pick-up point is Augusto C. Sandino International Airport.
- Pick-ups are scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 20:00 horas.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
We have two shifts Monday through Friday as part of the school reinforcement volunteer program for children in Nicaragua.
- In the mornings it would be from 8:00 to 12:00 p.m. and the afternoon shift from 13:00 to 17:00 hours.
The collaborative center is a 15-20 minute walk from the volunteer’s home.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
You stay at the volunteer’s house located in the center of Granada Nicaragua. You will sleep in a room with private bathroom and you will have at your disposal the common areas.
- Accommodation includes the 3 daily meals provided in the volunteer’s home.
On the day of your orientation, the meal times will be explained to you together with the program coordinator.
The price of the volunteer program school reinforcement and support for children with special needs in Nicaragua is divided into two parts, to make the registration for the program you must pay a deposit of 150 €. One month before the beginning of the program, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week has a price of 150€. The currency exchange will have real effect, the prices are in euros, check the currency exchange in the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the volunteer’s home.
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 meals during the course of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Travel Insurance
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages, diets or special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country