The project seeks to promote the sustainable and equitable development of vulnerable and low-income communities in the Ouarzazate community in Morocco. With the support of local staff and volunteers who join solidarity camps in Morocco every year, it has been possible to hold different leisure and free time workshops, as well as informative talks for children through educational and artistic materials.
These solidarity camps are enriching for both the children and the participating volunteers, generating a cultural exchange and creating very strong bonds of union between the participants and the volunteers.
- To reinforce the values of friendship and solidarity among the young people of these communities. in addition to promoting cultural exchange between youth and volunteers.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
Being a volunteer means, in the camps volunteer in Morocco, building a better reality for the children and youth of these communities.
In this space,are carried out educational activities and leisure for children and young people in order to offer them two months of reinforcement of their education and also a moment of leisure based on intercultural solidarity.
The following activities are organized with the collaboration of local staff and volunteers:
- Teaching workshops in Spanish, French and English
- Physical education
- Drawing, music
- Other workshops designed by volunteers
Likewise, maintenance of schools in the area is being worked on, so that are in good condition for the children who start the school period.
WHAT REQUIREMENTS DO I HAVE TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
- Be of age.
- Be creative and flexible.
- You may encounter situations that require our flexibility and adaptability.
- Be willing to learn and teach.
- Intermediate knowledge of one of these languages: Spanish, French or English.
The volunteer will not only share your knowledge and experience, you will also learn from others, so we must remember that each culture is unique; and customs and traditions must be respected.
WHAT DAYS AND ON WHICH DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
The project is open in Easter, July and August.
- Easter : April 05 to 11, 2020
- July 2020: July 11 to 25, 2020
- August 2020: August 08 to 22, 2020
Arrival days are:
- The arrival date at Easter, April 04
- Arrival in July, July 10
- Arrival in August, August 7
As soon as you arrive at the airport, one of the members of the association will be waiting with a sign at the exit of the boarding area to facilitate the reunion.
SCHEDULE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The pick-up point is Menara Airport – (Marrakech)
- The scheduled pick-up time is from 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. At this time, a representative of the association will be waiting at the exit door with a sign
As soon as they arrive at the airport one of the members of the association will be waiting with a sign at the exit of the boarding area to facilitate the meeting.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEERING?
- The project is developed in the Ouarzazate area (south-eastern Morocco).
- It works from Monday to Friday From 9:00 to 13:00.
COORDINATION IN THE DESTINATION
The person in charge of the association that will be with the Moroccan volunteers and coordinators will be AMINE AYAD.
WHAT IS THE ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS LIKE?
Accommodation is basic, most of the volunteers are in a reception center.
The accommodation has rooms that they share with other volunteers and you have at your disposal:
- mattresses and pillows, but you must bring sheets and pillowcases.
- You have sanitation facilities (shower, toilet, kitchen, dining room).
- You have included all 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
The food is Moroccan dishes prepared by local chefs, served daily in the camp.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE PROGRAM
The contribution to the school reinforcement volunteer program with children from indigenous communities in Panama is divided into two parts. To register for the program, must be paid deposit of € 150. One month (1) before the start, the final payment of the program must be paid.
|EASTER WEEK (From April 05 to 11)||€ 350|
|JULY (From 11 to 25)||€ 435|
|AUGUST (From 08 to 22)||€ 435|
Contributions to the program are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Arabic classes (Optional)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- NGO receipt of your program fee
- Guide, advice and management in choosing the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets or special meals
- Travel within or outside the country