LOVERS OF SPORTS, SHARE YOUR PASSION!
We witness that sports beyond being good for a healthy life, seek to bring people together, no matter where you are from. In general, many young people use sport to disconnect from the negative things that surround them. The program sports volunteer in Guatemala provides an opportunity for these children to find a motivation to achieve their goals.
We know that not everything is learned in a classroom. Many of the extracurricular activities are very important for the learning of our children. This is one of the reasons, so the sports volunteer program in Guatemala has been created. The role of the volunteer in this program is very important, because through you children and young people will learn not only a type of sport, they will also learn to work in teams, to be persevering and motivate themselves to achieve their dreams or goals they have. Volunteering in Guatemala is a different way of knowing its natural wealth and mainly its people.
If you are that person who loves sports, Adventure Volunteer offers you the possibility to coordinate and teach children sports activities. You can also support the theoretical and practical classes of physical education of children. You can also participate in sports activities that are carried out with the different teams and the community.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
First, the role of volunteers is to help local coaches in the different activities to be carried out. In addition to supporting children and youth in their daily practice schedule with local players. The volunteer must also create and organize sports activities that help children and young people to integrate.
Your responsibilities as a volunteer are always in support of the teacher in charge, likewise any initiative of the volunteers is welcome. Usually the following activities are carried out during the week:
- Support coaches in technical assistance during training
- Promote sports talks and training with a social focus
- Organize sports championships
- Interact with children and young people, to understand what the weak points to improve .
- Collaborate with the cleaning and maintenance of the playing field and its surroundings
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year, during the school period in Guatemala, except for national holidays and vacations.
You can arrive any day of the week, it is equally preferable that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation into the project and there is less traffic.
SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION POINT
- The collection point is La Aurora International Airport.
- The scheduled time for Pickups are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The sports volunteer program runs from Monday to Friday. The trainings are held from 3:00 to 6:00 pm
- During the morning training activities, lectures and organization of theoretical activities, focused on sports.
Keep in mind that the program runs between the months of January to December, which includes the school period.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
- You will stay with host families from Guatemala, selected by the organization. In which you have shared rooms with bathroom.
- You will also have at your disposal the common areas of the house.
Although the accommodation includes three daily meals, Monday through Friday, on Saturdays only breakfast is served and on Sundays it does not include meals. (If you have any special diet for health or other circumstances, it will be notified to the family you live with. (Example: Vegetarians).
The price of the sports volunteer program in Guatemala is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, a € 150 signal must be paid. One month (1) before the start the final payment of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at € 180. The prices of the volunteer program are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks realized in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets or special meals
- Travel inside or outside the Country