In the project to create a school garden in Guatemala, the volunteer has the opportunity to get involved and promote the sustainability of our natural context. The environment has turned out to be a priority in our time, due to the great deterioration that our actions have created.
The school garden is a tool that allows you to teach children and young people the importance of preserving the environment in an educational and dynamic way.
This experience allows you to interact directly with nature and at the same time influence the knowledge of children and young people.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
- Preparation of space for planting
- Talks and training to children about the care of our environment, land and its benefits.
- Sowing activities with each grade
- Monitoring of activities together with children (irrigation, care, etc.).
- Harvest of products
- Culinary activities where the fruits / vegetables obtained are used.
The volunteer must be able to work as a team, facilitate the training and participation of the children and youth of the populations with which he works and coexists during the stay and implementation of the volunteer project creating a school garden in Guatemala.
To carry out this project it is not necessary that you have a university degree or specific knowledge. You will always be guided in the activities carried out within your program.
You will have a Wi-Fi connection in the project facilities. If you need internet connection during your entire stay in Guatemala, you can access prepaid navigation packages such as: 800 gb of Navigation from $ 4, 3G of Navigation from $ 10. Take into account the model of your phone and your service company.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year, during the school period in Guatemala, except for national holidays and vacations.
You can arrive any day of the week, it is equally preferable that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation into the project and there is less traffic.
SCHEDULE AND COLLECTION POINT
- The collection point is La Aurora International Airport.
- The scheduled time for Pickups are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The project to create a school garden in Guatemala works from Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Between December and January, you can work on this project, except for work with children.
The center where the project for the creation of a school garden in Guatemala is developed, is 5 blocks away, so it will take you 10 to 15 minutes to arrive.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
- You will stay with families from the town of Sacatepéquez-Guatemala.
- You will sleep in shared rooms with bathroom.
- The common areas of the house are at your disposal.
The accommodation includes the three daily meals, from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays only breakfast is given and on Sundays meals are not provided. (If you have a special health diet or other circumstance, it will be notified to the family you live with (example: Vegetarians).
The price of the project to create a school garden in Guatemala is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program, a € 150 sign must be paid. The rest of the program must be paid one month before the start of the program.
Each additional week has a price € 180. The prices of the volunteer program are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks realized in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets or special meals
- Travel inside or outside the Country