Do you want to join an international volunteer program?, but you don’t know in which country? It could be India. Although it has been a country that has made improvements in the education sector, half of its population still lives in situations of poverty and inequality. Access to education for some children and youth is limited; mainly in the areas where “Slums” social exclusion families live.
The teaching volunteer program in India takes place at the center located in Jaipur. Through the program, support is provided to orphaned children, street children, children who have been kidnapped by gangs and forced to work or are simply abandoned by their parents.
As much as possible, we try to provide accommodation, food and education for children and young people with difficulties through many activities and the program of teaching volunteer program in India.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
Your participation and support in the teaching volunteer program in India is vital for the development of the activities carried out in the teaching program. The volunteer’s job is to support and facilitate the learning of children by performing the following activities:
- Making math and English classes.
- Support teachers with teaching methods.
- Help the development of the communication skills of children and young people through drawing, painting, music or dance classes.
- Creation of low-cost educational and fun school supplies for classes and workshops.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year. Also on special dates such as festivals you can join and participate in the activities that are organized. That is, you can arrive any day of the year and you will be welcome to be part of our volunteer program.
Some of these festivals are:
- Camel Festival- Bikaner which is on January 12 and 13
- Kite Festival – Jaipur on January 14
- Holi Festival of colors that is on March 20 and 21
- Teej Festival that takes place on August 4
- The festival of Sisters that is on August 15
- Dusshera Festival on October 8
- Diwali Festival of Lights on October 27
- Pushkar Camel Fair from November 4 to 12
OPENING HOURS AND POINT
- The collection point is Jaipur International Airport,
- The schedule Scheduled for airport pick-up is from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The work schedule in the teaching volunteer project in India starts from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. approximately Monday through Friday. The project is located in Jaipur.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
Volunteers stay in shelters selected by the association in downtown areas and outside Jaipur. The houses have access to Wi-Fi connection. It has kitchen, living and dining spaces that you can use. It has rooms that you will share with other volunteers of the same gender.
In the accommodation they will provide you with the 3 daily meals, during your stay in the program (Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Breakfast: It is served between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning. Coffee, tea, milk, bread, jam, butter or egg are served.
- The meal: The lunch schedule (meals) regularly starts from 12:00 and 14:00 hours. They are typical Indian foods.
- Dinner: What is served at dinner is similar to lunch (lunch) and is usually served after 7:00 p.m.
The house has tap water, although we recommend volunteers to buy bottled water to drink. They cost 20 rupees (€ 0.25) for each bottle.
It is known that toilet paper is not usually used in India. The volunteer can purchase it on their own in supermarkets or stores where it can be found.
The price of the teaching volunteer program in India is divided into two parts. To sign up for the program , a € 150 signal must be paid. The rest of the cost is made one month before the trip.
Each additional week is priced at € 160. (Prices are in Euros) to convert your local currency you can use the currency converter.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- 3 meals during the realization of your volunteer program
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks realized in your volunteering
- Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages, diets or special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country