You know that doing a short-term volunteer in a rescue and animal care volunteer program is usually very difficult, but very enriching at the same time. Although it is a short time, the satisfaction it leaves you is very beautiful.
Many of the human actions have caused many animals to suffer from abuse and leave their natural habitat. For this reason the need arises to create a space where animals can receive attention and care, which through the volunteer rescue and animal care program we have tried to achieve.
Volunteers in the volunteer rescue and animal care program in the Dominican Republic collaborate with the local staff of the organization. They must be attentive to the animals, with the purpose of keeping track and control of the evolution and behavior that the animals of the center may have.
Through the volunteer rescue and animal care program in the Dominican Republic, it is possible to help many sick and malnourished dogs and horses. All work with commitment and dedication, allows us to provide a home and qualified medical care.
Despite the help we have, a lot of support is needed to provide adequate care and care for the animals. In addition to the extra effort we make to find new homes, especially for the almost 50 dogs currently living in the center.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
You can be part of the volunteer rescue and animal care program in the Dominican Republic and support the following volunteer activities:
- Take care of the dogs and train them.
- Take care of horses and mules and train them.
- Keep meadows, stables and kennels in good condition.
- Support in the maintenance of the center. Helping with painting, building fences, planting grass, fixing doors, among other tasks.
- Support veterinarians during medical visits treatments or operations to neuter or spay animals.
- Develop and carry out awareness and education activities for children and the general population in order to improve the situation of neglected animals in the long term.
We serve and care for dogs, horses, mules, cows and many other animals that live in the center in the middle of the beautiful nature that surrounds Samaná in the Dominican Republic. All this work is possible by the local staff and the volunteers who help us and support us every day.
You do not need to be an expert or animal care specialist. However, you must be an enthusiastic, proactive and willing person to do jobs with kindness, commitment and patience. Therefore, everyone regardless of their experience or training with animals is welcome to participate in the program.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
Every volunteer must commit to work a minimum of 4 hours a day, Monday through Friday, in shifts from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
It is generally recommended that in the volunteer program of Rescue and care for animals in the Dominican Republic wear jeans, blouses (with sleeves) and closed shoes.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
For volunteers we have accommodation available in apartments near the project. The rooms are shared with other volunteers of the same gender. These apartments have common areas (kitchens, shared bathrooms, free WIFI and the use of the washing machine). However, it does not include meals.
The price of the rescue and animal care volunteer program in the Dominican Republic is divided into two parts. First, a € 150 signal must be paid to reserve the place in the program. At the latest one (1) month before the start of the program, the rest of the program must be paid.
|2 WEEKS||€ 670|
|3 WEEKS||€ 860|
|4 WEEKS||€ 1050|
|5 WEEKS||€ 1240|
|6 WEEKS||€ 1430|
|8 WEEKS||€ 1810|
|10 WEEKS||€ 2190|
|12 WEEKS||€ 2570|
Each additional week is priced at €190. All program prices are euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. The program prices are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of hours
- spent in your volunteering Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the election of theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Dominican Republic
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Visa, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and meals
- Trips inside or outside the country