Violence and machismo are a widespread problem in India. Volunteer program in the women’s shelter in India seeks to support rural women and particularly excluded women, so that they may have better access to social, legal and economic resources.
The shelter is a space for women´s support and protection who are going through critical circumstances, mainly victims of violence. The house offers a safe space, as well as legal, psychological support, family mediation, training and job placement.
Volunteer program focuses on carrying out activities that improve women´s social and training capabilities.
- Conduct and teach English classes
- Teach office automation
- Carry out workshops on self-esteem, self-confidence and emotional skills
- Participate in entertainment workshops (games, songs, cooking)
- Support in the design and elaboration of textile products that can be useful for marketing
- Participate in crafting workshops
- Get involved and participate in sports (yoga, gymnastics)
- Construction of health fields, medical recognition and awareness in healthy practices
- Works in ecological garden
- House maintenance work
SCHEDULE AND PLACE OF WORK
Activities at the center begin at 8:00am until 4:00 p.m.
Weekends are free!! We suggest you take advantage of this time to get to know the country.
You will sleep in the rooms available for volunteers at the foster house. (maximum of four volunteers per room) . You will be provided with three daily meals and two teas a day from Monday to Sunday.
The meals given to the volunteer are typical of India; however, an effort is made to cook with less spice and not all vegetarian meals.
The cost of the program is divided into two parts. A mandatory registration fee of € 150 ($ 175). Up to 1 month before the start of the program, the rest of the program can be paid.
The support program in women’s home has a cost of € 565 (655 $) for the first two weeks. For each additional week it costs € 150 ($ 175). (Prices are in Euro). To convert your local currency, you can use the currency converter.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Airport pick up
- Accommodation at the volunteer house
- Three (3) meals a day and two (2) teas a day
- Orientation day in the project area
- Adventure Volunteer 24/7 Support
- Program monitoring and evaluation meeting
- Induction to the program
- Volunteer certificate upon completion if required
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Flight to India
- Visa, if necessary
- Health insurance
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks or special foods