EDUCATION VOLUNTEER WITH CHILDREN OF DIFFERENT SKILLS
There are many realities and challenges that are not often seen in countries like the Dominican Republic. Therefore, the volunteer program Teaching with children of different abilities not only gives you the opportunity to commit, but also allows you to broaden your perspective when working with children, youth and adults with different abilities.
One of the main objectives of the teaching volunteer program with children of different abilities is to enhance the skills and abilities of children and youth with special needs. With the support and help of local volunteers and staff, we seek to provide the necessary tools so that they have better quality of life. Many families do not have adequate resources to provide them with both educational and medical care, which is why, through the program, they rely on therapeutic interventions.
If you decide to participate in the teaching volunteer program with children of different abilities you can see the positive impact that is left on children, youth and adults with whom you work. In addition to promoting social programs aimed at a segment of the population that faces difficult situations in their day to day.
The direct beneficiaries of the socio educational inclusion project in the Dominican Republic are children, young people and the elderly between the ages of 5 and 40, who have specific profiles such as:
- Down Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
- Syndrome Blepharophimosis
- Emotional Problems
- Paralysis Infantile Brain (PCI)
- Mental Retardation Mental
- Disability Developmental Disorder Autism Spectrum (ASD)
- Speech and language development disorder
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
For many families, the special attention provided in educational centers is very expensive. In the Teaching volunteer program with children of different abilities we have several specific activities, in which the volunteers support their execution.
The activities are divided into two schedules, which are the following (this may vary according to the needs presented):
- Social inclusion work that includes work orientation, social skills and activities of daily living are held on Monday to Thursday morning hours from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., for students over 18.
The activities that take place in the morning schedule are focused on:
- Learning for a professional, pre-employment and occupational training of our children and youth. This provides them with functional skills that help them in the process of personal insertion into the community.
- Identify the types of emotions in themselves and others.
- Know what are the most important social skills for day to day.
- Achieve the personal independence of children and youth.
In the afternoon, we work with students under 18. This is done from Monday to Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Activities of mathematical logical thinking, literacy and art workshops, multisensory stimulation and computation are developed.
Being part of the teaching volunteer program with children of different abilities in the Dominican Republic is a challenge that offers you learning and satisfaction personally. At the same time you help these children and young people to be more prepared to face life in a different way and to feel protected and safe.
WHAT DAYS AND WHAT DATES CAN I DO THE VOLUNTEER?
- This project is open all year.
- They can arrive any day of the week.
OPENING HOURS AND POINT
- You must arrive at Las Américas International Airport »(SDQ), where you will be picked up by one of our taxi drivers.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The volunteer is required to work a minimum of 6 hours from Monday to Thursday. The hours available are 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Clothing is required during collaborative hours to be:
- Jeans (or pants not adjusted or short)
- Blouses (with sleeves)
- Closed shoes
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
- Volunteers stay in apartments, where they have rooms shared with other volunteers.
- They have common areas such as kitchens, shared bathrooms, free WIFI and the use of the washing machine.
You should keep in mind that meals are not included in this type of accommodation.
The price of the volunteer program teaching with children of different abilities is divided into two parts. The payment of the € 150 signal, to reserve the place in the program. At the latest one (1) month before the start of the program, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week is priced at € 95. The program prices are euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the currency exchange during the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of hours
- spent in your volunteering Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the election of the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Dominican Republic
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Visa, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and meals
- Travel inside or outside the Country