The level of poverty, food insecurity are visible problems in Nepal,
especially populations living in remote rural areas. In the villages in Nepal, most people work in agriculture and livestock, as a way of life, so that families have a small piece of land they cultivate, to generate the necessary resources for their families.
Seeing the needs of these communities, and with the aim of providing support, thehas been created agriculture and livestock volunteer program in Nepal.
Usually, these families grow rice, corn, wheat, potatoes (potatoes), sugar cane, tobacco cotton. In addition to raising cows, goats, chickens and buffalo. We hope that as a volunteer you help them in activities related to agriculture, and if you have knowledge in any of these areas you can transmit your knowledge to these villages. Apart from these activities, you have the freedom to help the children of the family, teaching them, organizing educational and educational games, listening to music and enjoying fun activities that help them develop their skills.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
To meet the objectives of the program and to efficiently support the families through the agriculture and livestock volunteer program in Nepal, we look for volunteers who are ready to test their agricultural knowledge, willing to participate in activities related to the cultivation and maintenance of gardens, and are in good physical condition. If you become part of this program, you will be involved in some of the following activities:
- Irrigation of the fields
- Cutting the crops
- Elimination of wild plants
- Treatment of crop fertilization
- Taking care of farm animals (if any)
- Harvesting of fruits and vegetables (at specific times)
- Helping the children and women of the families with educativo
- Support in the creation of handicrafts
- Other activities requested by project staff or farmers
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- This project is open all year round. Regularly does not close for holidays (may vary).
- You can arrive any day of the week, we also recommend that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation to the project.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- You must arrive at Kathmandu airport (KTM), where you will be picked up by your assigned logistics coordinator.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
The volunteer program agriculture and livestock in Nepal, is developed in Kotdanda. It works with local farming families on their land.
The day starts very early, around 7:00 a.m. A stop is made at lunchtime and then the volunteers continue with the work, until 17:00 hours.
The time it can take you to reach the cultivation area is 15 minutes walking from the volunteer’s home.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
During your participation in the volunteer program agriculture and livestock in Nepal, you will live with one of the families selected by the organization.
The volunteer shelters are available:
- Welcoming common spaces
- Shared rooms and bathrooms
- Laundry spaces for hand-washing clothes
The distance from accommodations to projects is no more than 10 to 15 minutes walking.
The price of the volunteer agriculture and livestock program in Nepal is divided into two parts. In order to register for the program, a deposit of 150€ must be paid. One (1) month before the beginning of your volunteering, the rest of the program must be paid.is approximate).
|6 WEEKS||975 €|
|8 WEEKS||1215 €|
|12 WEEKS||1695 €|
Each additional week costs 120€. The prices of the volunteer agriculture and livestock program, are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner) during the implementation of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country