VOLUNTEERING WITH OUT-OF-SCHOOL CHILDREN
The Volunteering in the care of out-of-school children in Valencia (Spain), seeks the active participation of children of scarce resources, through knowledge and learning. The organization is aware of these childhood needs and works on them to achieve greater well-being in the children who are part of the program.
On many occasions we see children who do not have certain needs covered such as: adequate food, care, tutoring and poor adaptation to the environment. So the organization tries to perform compensation functions in these cases to the children.
We work every day to generate secure and solid attachments that ensure the proper development of our children, as well as develop their confidence and self-confidence.
Many of the children who attend the centre live in situations of violence, in disadvantaged neighbourhoods and children with behavioural problems. For this reason, through the Volunteering in the care of out-of-school children in Valencia (Spain), we help to strengthen their social skills, autonomy and academic skills.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
With the activities that are developed in the Volunteering in care of out-of-school children in Valencia (Spain), it is worked that our children achieve a positive incorporation to the school environment in a positive way.
Therefore, it is important to know that all activities are based on experiences and play. You are applied in an environment of affection and trust, ensuring full respect for the pace of development of each child to enhance their self-esteem and social integration.
Help in recreational and educational activities.
- Attention and support in the work of early stimulation in children. These activities are for cervical tonic control, activities that reinforce vision and hearing. Also activities to enhance language and social development.
- Collaboration in linguistic intelligence activities to work through dialogue.
- Activities of musical intelligence, where songs are interpreted or they learn to play some instrument.
- Help in visual-spatial intelligence activities. We work with colors and shapes.
- Individualized pedagogical attention.
- Accompaniment to the tutor in the periodic meetings that take place.
- These activities allow children to improve their skills and knowledge.
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- The school support project for children is open all year round.
- You must arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the integration to your project and the orientation of the place and activities to be carried out.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The pick-up point is Valencia International Airport (VLC).
- Pick up time is from 8:00 to 21:00 hours. If the volunteer arrives outside these hours, he/she will have to pay the coordinator the plus of 30€.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
- Childcare is held Monday through Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Regularly this space works with children not in school and ages 0 to 6 years.
We work all year round, except for the month of August, and for the month of July we only open in the morning.
WHAT IS THE ACCOMMODATION LIKE?
In Valencia we have 2 types of accommodation:
- If you take the Spanish classes, you will stay in a private room in a shared flat, in the Benimaclet neighbourhood.
- If you only take part in voluntary work, you will stay in shared rooms in Alboraya or Carme del Bemllos.
If your choice is to stay in a hostel or hotel, here we leave you some data of economic and centric places. You can find shared rooms of 9€ per night. You also have single rooms from 20€ per night. This price can vary according to seasons.
The total price of volunteering to care for children not attending school in Valencia (Spain) is from 180€. The price varies according to the modality chosen.
The price of the program is in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering (according to the chosen modality)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Trips inside or outside the country