VOLUNTEERING WITH CHILDREN
The organization, through volunteering in the school support program in Valencia (Spain), seeks to work on aspects related to cognitive factors, emotional manifestations and everything related to self-knowledge, personal self-government, autonomy and personal independence of the children who attend the center.
Our main interest with volunteering in the school support programme in Valencia is to motivate our children through group and individual activities throughout the school year, in such a way that cohesion and group feeling are strengthened at the same time as the children have fun carrying out workshops, games and various activities from day to day.
With the support of the professionals who work in the centre and the volunteers, we achieve a growth and evolution of the children who attend the centre.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
Through volunteering in the school support program in Valencia (Spain), we try to strengthen their social skills, autonomy and academic skills, strengthening their personal maturity, through the acquisition of study habits and social skills such as: attendance, responsibility, punctuality, order and hygiene.
Some of the activities that are carried out in the volunteering in the school support program are:
- Follow-up and support in the school tasks that the children are asked to do from school.
- Support for children with poor school performance and academic failure.
- Attention and help to children with learning difficulties.
- Support and follow-up with the subjects they have worked on at school, with the aim of ensuring that all children manage to overcome the curricular content corresponding to their school year.
- The gradual acquisition of a study habit is encouraged.
- In general, the children attending the centre are followed up, maintaining regular contact with each and every one of the tutors of these children.
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- The school support project for children is open all year round.
- You must arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the integration to your project and the orientation of the place and activities to be carried out.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The pick-up point is Valencia International Airport (VLC).
- Pick up time is from 8:00 to 21:00 hours. If the volunteer arrives outside these hours, he/she will have to pay the coordinator the plus of 30€.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
- The project is developed near the center of Valencia, by the metro of ángel guimera.
- We work from Monday to Thursday from 17:30 to 19:30 hours.
The centre is open all year round, except for August and public holidays, and for July it is only open in the mornings.
WHAT IS THE ACCOMMODATION LIKE?
In Valencia we have 2 types of accommodation:
- If you take the Spanish classes, you will stay in a private room in a shared flat, in the Benimaclet neighbourhood.
- If you only take part in voluntary work, you will stay in shared rooms in Alboraya or Carme del Bemllos.
If your choice is to stay in a hostel or hotel, here we leave you some data of economic and centric places. You can find shared rooms of 9€ per night. You also have single rooms from 20€ per night. This price can vary according to seasons.
The total price of the volunteer school support in Valencia (Spain) is from 180€. The price varies according to the modality chosen.
The price of the program is in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering (according to the chosen modality)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Trips inside or outside the country