VOLUNTEER WITH CHILDREN
You like to teach, you want to share your knowledge and skills, this is a great opportunity. In the teaching volunteer program in the Dominican Republic, you can support and teach children and young people who attend school and out-of-school children.
Education anywhere in the world is essential for our children and more in the growth stage. The teaching volunteer program in the Dominican Republic is focused so that children with the help of volunteers and local staff of the organization provide the necessary tools for their educational development. We must keep in mind that teaching abroad is a way to improve our skills as well. It is a very practical volunteer experience of seeing the world. Immersing yourself in a country different from yours and experiencing new things from another perspective, allows you to be more open and understanding to others. Not only do we give and support, but it is an opportunity to learn and enrich ourselves on a personal and professional level.
Regularly volunteers work with children between 5 to 12 years. All volunteers who participate in the teaching volunteer program in the Dominican Republic carry out program activities and also implement activities created by the volunteers themselves, according to the need of the children attending the center.
Through the teaching volunteer program in the Dominican Republic, we seek to get involved with youth, family and vulnerable communities. In the same way promote leadership, communication, healthy lifestyle and constructive use of free time. At the same time together we build support for youth development, support and parental engagement.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
As a result of the work we do, we constantly adapt our activities to the needs of the community, for this reason in case you want to propose creative activities they are very well received. However, you will be asked to participate in a combination of activities that requires working in direct contact with our children and youth. Basically, the tasks will be in support of the following activities:
- Attendance at school with recreational activities.
- Organization of intercultural events and regular local community meetings to encourage exchange and integration.
- Support in English or other language classes, depending on the domain of the volunteer.
- Participation and support in computer classes.
- Participation in weekly meetings with other volunteers and staff to create and organize weekly school plans and educational projects.
- Assist in maintenance activities and restoration of educational centers.
- Accompaniment to the social worker with children and young people.
- Help in community activities when support is needed.
Regularly volunteers work with children between 5 to 12 years. All volunteers who participate in the teaching volunteer program in the Dominican Republic, carry out program activities and also implement activities created by the volunteers themselves, according to the need of the children attending the center.
All volunteers, families and groups regardless of their age, experience or skills are welcome to participate in the teaching program in the Dominican Republic.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING THE VOLUNTEER?
The volunteer agrees to work at least 4 hours a day. Therefore, we work from Monday to Friday, in shifts from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As for the clothing required in the teaching program in the Dominican Republic, it is recommended to wear jeans , blouses (with sleeves) and closed shoes.
HOW IS ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS?
As soon as you arrive in the country, the coordinator will take you to the accommodation in volunteer apartments, where you share rooms with other volunteers of the same gender. With respect to the areas of the house, you have included use of the washing machine, common areas and WIFI, except meals that are not included in this type of accommodation. In addition, we have accommodation with meals included in Dominican family homes selected by the organization.
The price of the teaching volunteer program in the Dominican Republic is divided into two parts. The payment of the € 150 signal, to reserve the place in the program. At the latest one (1) month before the start of the program, the rest of the program must be paid.
Prices are in euros, so the currency exchange will have real effect. You can check the currency exchange in the period of your trip at the following link
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the house of the volunteer
- Accommodation during your volunteer
- Support 24/7 of the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of hours
- spent in your volunteering Accident Insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- I receive an NGO about your share of the program
- Guide, advice and management in the election of theprogram
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Dominican Republic
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Visa, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and meals
- Travel inside or outside the country