VOLUNTEERING WITH WOMEN IN VALENCIA
The volunteer programme for the empowerment of women in Valencia (Spain) seeks, through significant actions, to foster self-awareness and trust. In addition to working on personal aspects such as self-esteem, communication skills and personal development of women.
Many women find themselves in situations of risk or social exclusion. We work with migrant women, unemployed women, women with low educational level, women with low level of local language skills, with great emotional and affective deficiencies and without support networks. Therefore an individual diagnosis is required and finally an intervention proposal is generated, according to the profile of the women with whom we work.
As an association we are always in search of tools that allow us to adequately meet the individual needs of the people with whom we work, respecting the time and process of each. For this reason, we focus the activities of the volunteer programme for the empowerment of women in Valencia (Spain) on the personal and social development of women.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
In order to improve the employability of women as an indispensable element for their social and labour insertion, individual orientation and labour training sessions are carried out, as well as pre-labour workshops in different areas.
The workshops and courses of personal development and psychotherapy, pre-labor training and work orientation are developed in groups, while the actions of social intervention and psychological attention are applied through individual encounters.
SOME WORKSHOPS ARE CARRIED OUT WITH WOMEN:
- Personal development and empowerment. It consists of group therapies for self-knowledge, interpersonal relationships and self-esteem.
- Jin Jyutsu workshop. An important element of this workshop is physical activity. It seeks to unify and harmonize the balance between soul, body and mind.
- Work on literacy. Spanish classes for immigrant women. The classes have been divided into two levels; initial level and intermediate level, in order to adapt the level more and more to their needs.
- Workshop support in Labor Orientation. We work quarterly, in group sessions as individuals. Some of the contents taught are about companies, types of contract, rights and obligations, employment portals and job boards. In addition, they look at topics such as: the curriculum, recommendations and job interviews.
- Help in the sewing workshop Creative Sewing and Fashion Jewellery. Work is being done to train women to operate sewing machines and make basic repairs. They also learn how to make bracelets and necklaces. Mainly this space is for women to have a space of cohesion and encounter between them.
- Socio-health workshop. The workshop focuses on the prevention of unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases, the development of good mother-child practices and the promotion of women’s autonomy.
WHAT DAYS AND DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- The school support project for children is open all year round.
- You must arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the integration to your project and the orientation of the place and activities to be carried out.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- The pick-up point is Valencia International Airport (VLC).
- Pick up time is from 8:00 to 21:00 hours. If the volunteer arrives outside these hours, he/she will have to pay the coordinator the plus of 30€.
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
- Basically the schedule of workshops and courses, as well as social and psychological intervention is from Monday to Thursday from 10:30 to 13:30 p.m. and in the afternoons from 17:30 to 19:30 p.m.
Mainly the workshops and courses of the volunteer program empowerment of women in Valencia, are developed throughout the year even in non-school periods, except for the month of August that the center remains closed, also in the month of July only work in the mornings.
WHAT’S THE ACCOMMODATION LIKE?
In Valencia we have 2 types of accommodation:
- If you take the Spanish classes, you will stay in a private room in a shared flat, in the Benimaclet neighbourhood.
- If you only take part in voluntary work, you will stay in shared rooms in Alboraya or Carme del Bemllos.
If your choice is to stay in a hostel or hotel, here we leave you some data of economic and centric places. You can find shared rooms of 9€ per night. You also have single rooms from 20€ per night. This price can vary according to seasons.
The total price of the volunteer empowerment program is from 180€. The price varies according to the chosen program.
The prices of the program are in euros, so the currency exchange will have real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering (according to the chosen modality)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Trips inside or outside the country