Volunteer in Valencia
The volunteer programme for the empowerment of women in Valencia (Spain) seeks to promote self-awareness and trust through significant actions. In addition to working on personal aspects such as self-esteem, communication skills and the personal development of women.
Many women find themselves in situations of risk or social exclusion. We work with migrant women, unemployed women, women with low levels of education, women with low levels of mastery of the local language, with great emotional and affective deprivation and without support networks. For this reason, an individual diagnosis is required and, finally, an intervention proposal is generated, according to the profile of the women with whom we work.
As an association, we are always looking for tools that allow us to adequately meet the individual needs of the people we work with, respecting the time and process of each one. We therefore focus the activities of the volunteer programme for the empowerment of women in Spain on the personal and social development of women.
ACTIVITIES TO BE CARRIED OUT
In order to improve the employability of women as an indispensable element for their social and labour insertion, individual orientation and labour training sessions are held, as well as pre-work workshops in different areas.
Workshops and courses on personal development and psychotherapy, pre-work training and job orientation are developed in groups, while social intervention and psychological care actions are implemented through individual meetings.
Some of the activities developed in the volunteer programme for the empowerment of women in Valencia (Spain) are:
- Personal development and empowerment. It consists of group therapies for self-knowledge, interpersonal relationships and self-esteem.
- Jin Jyutsu workshop. An important element of this workshop is physical activity. It seeks to unify and harmonize the balance between soul, body and mind.
- I work in literacy. Spanish classes are held for immigrant women. The classes have been divided into two levels; beginner and intermediate, in order to adapt the level more and more to your needs.
- Workshop support in Labour Orientation. We work quarterly, in group and individual sessions. Some of the contents taught are about companies, types of contracts, rights and obligations, job portals and job boards. In addition, they cover topics such as: curriculum vitae, recommendations and job interviews.
- Help in the Creative Sewing and Fashion Jewellery workshop. We are working on training women to learn how to operate sewing machines and make basic repairs. They also learn how to make bracelets and necklaces. Mainly this space is for women to have a space of cohesion and encounter among themselves.
- Socio-sanitary workshop. The workshop focuses on the prevention of unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases, the development of good methno-infaltile practices and the empowerment of women.
Basically the schedule of the workshops and courses, as well as the social and psychological intervention is from Monday to Thursday from 10:30 to 13:30 p.m. and in the afternoons from 17:30 to 19:30 p.m.
The workshops and courses of the volunteer programme for the empowerment of women in Valencia (Spain) are mainly held throughout the year, even in non-school periods, with the exception of August, when the centre is closed.
You can participate all year round. Except in August and for the month of July only in the morning shifts.
The total price of volunteering for women’s empowerment in Valencia (Spain) is 180€.
The prices of the program are in euros, so the exchange rate will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate during your trip at the following link https://conversormoneda.com/
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
Orientation and induction day
24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
Donation to the program
Programme monitoring and evaluation meeting
Volunteer certificate upon completion if required
If you are volunteering in Valencia and need to find accommodation for a while, here are some facts about cheap and central locations. You can also find Hostels from 9€ per night in shared rooms. Single rooms are also available from 20€ per night. Also, if you are travelling or volunteering with family or friends, you can find 2 bedroom flats in the centre of Valencia from 32€ on Airbnb.
Some of the hostels we recommend for your stay as a volunteer are: Urban Youth Hostel, Center Valencia Youth