VOLUNTEER PROJECT EMPOWERMENT AND LEADERSHIP
When you hear the word Quechua, it is the name by which you recognize the indigenous peoples you meet in several Latin American countries such as: Peru, Ecuador, Chile and Colombia. They also come from the Inca people.
The Quechuas, a people that from its beginnings was full of history, culture and tradition, but the time and the changes have arrived to these communities and for some it has been difficult to take the rhythm. So through the volunteer project empowerment and leadership of girls and young women in rural areas, we seek to provide solutions and support to the problems presented by these communities.
- To empower girls, young women and women from rural communities and rural areas in Cusco, as they are usually women who are in a vulnerable situation.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
You can organize days with the women who are part of the volunteer project:
- Business initiatives
- Economic ventures
- Workshops and Lectures
- Topics on empowerment, violence, leadership
- Sexual and reproductive rights
You can also organize school reinforcement classes, where girls and women and people from these communities can learn about:
- Teach Spanish to those who only speak Quechua
It is not necessary that you have experience in community work or be a social worker, as you will always be accompanied by the person in charge of the project, who will guide you at all times. Yes, we will:
- Motivation and positivism
- Adapting to the culture
- 18 years and older
It is obligatory that you provide the following documentation during the application process for your volunteer work in Peru:
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum and/or motivation in the extended form.
- Criminal record
The clothing required to participate in the volunteer project with women, girls from rural areas should be as follows:
- Long pants, not adjusted
- A windbreaker (Cusco is cold)
- Trekking shoes (comfortable) or normal shoes
- In case you have tattoos or piercings, you must cover them, remember that the culture and customs of the Latin American countries are different from those of the West.
WHAT DAYS AND ON WHAT DATES CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- The project is open all year round.
- You must arrive on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
*From December 22nd to February 10th the project is closed for holidays.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- You must arrive at the Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ), where you will be picked up by the taxi driver or project coordinator.
- Scheduled pick-ups are from 8:00 to 21:00 hours. (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
- We work from Monday to Friday from 15:00 to 18:00 hours.
- The project is located in San Jerónimo Cusco, 10 minutes walking from the volunteer’s home.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
You will live in the Barrio de San Jerónimo in the house of the volunteer and you have included:
- Bed in a shared room
- Use of common areas
- SIM card
The cost of the volunteer project for empowerment and leadership of girls and women in rural areas of Cusco is divided into two parts. In order to register for the program, a deposit of 150€ must be paid. One (1) month before the beginning of your volunteering the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week costs 140€. The prices of the project are in euros, so the currency exchange will have real effect. You can consult the currency exchange in the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the volunteer’s home
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- Breakfast in your volunteering
- 24/7 support from the local and international Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Visa, if necessary
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country