VOLUNTEERING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE AND WOMEN
Nepal is a country rich in traditions that are reflected in the great cultural richness they have. Even if you make a short trip, it will give you the opportunity to observe the difference in the lives of many young people from these communities of scarce resources but rich in values, love and affection.
The Youth Empowerment Volunteer Program in Nepal was created with all these young people in mind who often have only one chance to get ahead, which can be frustrated by the conditions of poverty, violence and economic situation. Therefore, we are looking for volunteers who wish to dedicate their time during their holidays, sabbatical year or why not, long-stay trips and who are part of this volunteer experience, which is not only a volunteer, it is also a work experience that allows you to develop and enhance your skills and most importantly enrich yourself on a personal level.
As a volunteer and part of the youth empowerment volunteer programme in Nepal, in the mornings you will focus on community work with young people. Many of the classes or talks take place in libraries or spaces adapted for the activities. During this time you will participate in the renovation, decoration and adaptation of these spaces. Resources are limited so any support you can give in terms of time, materials and ideas for didactic, educational and sports activities is welcome.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
In the performance of your volunteer work you will have a volunteer coordinator who will guide and accompany you so that your integration into the project is much faster and easier. Some of the activities you will support as a volunteer are:
- Improving health and sanitation in villages
- Teaching adults
- Environmental awareness
- Empower youth in the library and join the youth club
- Teaching children in school
- Computer education, etc.
SCHEDULE AND PLACE OF WORK
- This project is open all year round, according to the school period in Nepal.
- You can arrive any day of the week, we also recommend that you arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it facilitates the incorporation to the project.
TIMETABLE AND PICK-UP POINT
- You must arrive at Kathmandu airport (KTM), where you will be picked up by your assigned logistics coordinator.
- The scheduled time for airport pick-ups is 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (ask for additional costs in case of arrival at other times).
WHERE WILL I BE AND WHAT WILL MY SCHEDULE BE DURING VOLUNTEERING?
The youth empowerment volunteer program in Nepal is located in Kathmandu. The work of the volunteer takes place from Monday to Friday. You are expected to work between 4 to 6 hours a day during your stay in the youth empowerment volunteer programme in Nepal.
The volunteer’s day-to-day life usually begins with the orientation and induction of the project. This takes place during the first 2 days of your arrival, where you get to know the rest of the volunteers and learn about the customs of Nepal.
The schedule is usually:
- From 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- The weekends are free, in which you can take advantage and know the country a little more.
HOW ARE THE LODGING AND MEALS?
During your participation in the youth empowerment volunteer program in Nepal, you will stay with a Nepali host family. The selected families are close to the project location. The families are very welcoming and you can create lasting relationships. This type of accommodation will allow you to get to know the true culture of this country, its traditions and mainly its people.
During the project you will receive the three main meals of the day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner). The meals will be authentic from Nepal. Volunteers are treated as one more member of the family and are free to cook very often. It depends on your attitude and the cooperation you have.
The price of the volunteer program youth empowerment in Nepal is divided into two parts. In order to register for the program, a deposit of 150€ must be paid. One (1) month before the beginning of your volunteering, the rest of the program must be paid.
Each additional week costs 180€. The prices of the volunteer program youth empowerment in Nepal are in euros, so the currency exchange will have a real effect. You can check the exchange rate for the period of your trip.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 meals a day during the implementation of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country