THERE WE GO!
You are part of a volunteer program in Panama and you want to get away, take advantage of the free time you have, the paradisiacal islands of San Blas are ideal for a weekend.
But you have no idea how to get to one of the tourist destinations most desiredby travelers visiting Panama.
We tell you the options you have to undertake this adventure.
We tell you the options you have to undertake this adventure. Because since you arrive it is a unique adventure to tell.
If you are in Panama City and your stay is short and you can only go for a weekend, we recommend that you get a tour package.
- It is one of the safest and most comfortable options to make the trip, you have to get up early, the pick-up times can be from 5:00 am
- The transport that takes you to the port is shared with other visitors, which is an opportunity of relating and meeting more people.
HOW MUCH DOES A WEEKEND IN SAN BLAS COST?
On the internet, you find many tourist agencies that offer tour packages to go to San Blas. Which offer you packages according to the weather and the island you want to be on.
Usually a weekend is around 160 to 170 dollars and usually include the following:
- Pick up and drop off at the place where you are staying. Only for accommodations that are within the city.
- Tour of 3 islands
- Entrance fee to Guna Yala territory.
- The port fee in the port of Cartí
If you have more time and want to know part of the tourist islands, the islands where the Gunas live this is one of the options you can do:
- You can travel by plane to one of the islands populated that have airports. These islands are: Achutupo, Heart of Jesus, Mulatupo, Playón Chico and Puerto Obaldía. The only airline that performs flights to San Blas (Guna Yala) is Air Panama. These flights depart from Albrook Airport in the morning hours.
You must take into account, that they do not travel every day, before planning your trip, check the days that this airline routes. Approximately reaching one of these islands takes an hour and the cost of the flight is between 120 to 150 dollars.
CAN I GO FOR MY SAN BLAS ACCOUNT?
Of course you can organize your excursion to San Blas on your own. You can rent a car, that should be all terrain, since to reach the port of Carti, where you must take a boat is between mountains. The car can be left parked at the port (you must pay for the days you have it). At the moment there is no bus route, the options you have is your own car, rented or hire a transport to take you and pick you up later. This last service can cost you $ 50 round trip.
You should also look for and book accommodation. If it’s high season they usually run out, so it’s one of the first things you should see.
- Trip from the City to Guna Yala is $ 50 round trip per person (it can vary depending on the agency or means you use?
- Entrance fee to Guna Yala: $ 20 foreigners, $ 5 national.
- Fee charged at the port of Cartí : $ 2 each person
- Transfer to the islands of Guna Yala: between $ 30 and $ 50. It depends on the islands to visit and the distance
- Expenditure on food and lodging
WHAT HAS YOU SEEN THIS INFORMATION? Tell us
if you need more information , we will provide you with all the information you need to organize your adventure through the San Blas Islands. You can contact us by email at [email protected] or through theform contact.
You can also listen to our Podcast “The volunteer trip” (no read it, listen to it.) Where do you have advice about the country, about volunteering, excursions… you can also listen to it on iVoox, iTunes , in Spotify and now also on google podcast.