Volunteer Programs in Spain
Spain is one of the countries where you can combine all your skills while discovering every corner. Discover the needs of each of our projects and come with the illusion of sharing and living fascinating experiences. Do not miss the experience of volunteering in Spain in the cities of Valencia, Bilbao and Catalonia, you will collaborate in projects while you know some of the main cities of Spain, you can enjoy its beaches, culture, language, and at the same time create positive impacts through your solidarity travel.
Being part of one of the volunteer projects in Spain is a great opportunity to put your knowledge and skills into practice.
ANIMAL SANCTUARY IN CATALONIA
We are looking for the active participation of volunteers to collaborate in this wonderful place. You will be able to help in the first animal sanctuary in Spain. The main objective is to rescue and recover animals that are victims of exploitation. This objective is complemented, in addition, with the promotion of veganism, the fight for the recognition of Animal Rights and the fight against speciesism.
Your daily life will be in a natural space in contact with a great variety of animals. Most of the animals are rescued from situations of oppression and mistreatment, and saved from certain death at the hands of their exploiters. Come, share, help and contribute with your ideas.
SOUP KITCHEN IN VALENCIA
The Dining Room is located in the Benimaclet neighborhood of Valencia. It began operating in March 1994, meeting the needs of people who came to Caritas asking for different types of help.
During these years it has served a multitude of people (between 15 and 25 daily, depending on the time). In the last two years, the Comedor Social San José has taken a qualitative turn, there have been necessary changes to favor the daily life of the beneficiaries, increasing the quality of the services, to improve the work of the volunteers and to consolidate its validity. The number of beneficiaries served has increased to 50.
In this project as a volunteer you will be able to help many of the people in need to cover their meals.
AGRICULTURE WITH SCHOOLS IN VALENCIA
In this program you will meet both wonderful people and nature. You will help people with intellectual disabilities in the realization of ecological vegetable baskets, you will also help them in their future job placement. You will be a very important part of giving them tools and skills that will help them professionally and personally.
VOLUNTEERING IN BILBAO
Through the volunteer programs in Bilbao, we seek to collaborate in the protection of the environment, art diffusion, animal preservation, social collaboration and therapy in the city of Bilbao while you take a Spanish course.
What are the requirements for volunteering in Spain?
- You must be of legal age to participate in volunteer projects in Spain.
- Present a criminal record certificate if required by the volunteer program.
- Volunteers must be tolerant, enthusiastic and open-minded.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Not consume or wear any animal products in the Vegan Sanctuary Program.
Where will I be while volunteering in Spain?
All volunteer projects in Spain take place in Valencia, Catalonia and Bilbao. Depending on where you stay, you can enjoy the cities on foot or by subway.
When can I volunteer in Spain?
You can participate all year round in the volunteer programs in Spain.
See specifications of schedules and arrival dates in each program.
For more information, questions or assistance with a colleague of our team you can contact us via phone or Whatsapp here.
The steps to follow to register are as follows:
- Fill out the form to reserve your volunteering.
- Wait for our confirmation of availability.
- Make a 1st donation for the registration to the Adventure Volunteer association.
- You will receive an email with the volunteer agreement to be completed by you.
- You will return to us by email all the requested information and you will be able to purchase the flight.
- A few weeks before you start you will receive information from the local organization.
- Now you only have to pack your suitcase, you have a whole team that will make everything easier for you and you will be in contact at all times, so you don’t have to worry.
To be part of the volunteer programs in Sri Lanka, it is not necessary any specific training and it is only required:
- To be of legal age (possibility minor with guardian or parents).
- To be a participative and committed person.
- Be respectful of people, culture and customs.
- To know how to adapt and work in a team.
- Criminal record certificate for social work.
- Sign cooperation agreement and interview with our team.
- Appropriate clothing for the destination.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
ACCOMMODATION FOR YOUR VOLUNTEER WORK IN SPAIN
Volunteers participating in volunteer programs in Spain have the following accommodation options.
- In Bilbao and Cataluña you have accommodation in the form of a volunteer house with shared bathrooms and shared rooms. Use of common areas.
- In Valencia, the volunteer must find his own accommodation, we can help you and recommend places. If your idea is to look for a hostel or hotel accommodation we leave you these data of possible accommodations: Urban Youth Hostel, Center Valencia Youth Hostel, Stay in Vibrant Russafa, Red Nest Hostel Valencia,The River Hostel.
Accommodation for volunteers in Catalonia
WHAT WILL THE ARRIVAL AT THE DESTINATION BE LIKE?
Upon arrival at Valencia Manises Airport (VLC), Bilbao Airport (BIO), or Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport for your selected volunteer program, the coordinator will give you directions to the program, or help you arrange a low-cost pick-up.
For programs in Bilbao, the coordinator will pick you up and take you to the project.
Depending on the time you arrive, you will be given an orientation. You will be given an overview of the activities and basic rules of the project. Additionally you will be oriented about places you can visit in your free time.
VISA IN SPAIN
- Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not required for stays between 30 and 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Economic solvency (depending on the country of origin).
SECURITY IN SPAIN
The organization makes every effort to ensure that our volunteers remain safe.
You can behave as you would if you were moving to a new city anywhere:
- Be cautious.
- Check things out.
- Ask questions.
- Learn about your neighborhood.
- Know where the riskiest places are.
- Use common sense and be aware.
The financial contribution is divided into two parts:
- The registration that you will give as a donation to the Adventure Volunteer association. This contribution has a tax benefit of 80% that you will be able to deduct in your income tax return.
- The remaining part of the cost of the program will go to the partner organization that we will send on your behalf as a substitute or you can deliver it directly to the project.
WHAT IS PROVIDED IN VOLUNTEERING IN SPAIN?
- Pick up at the airport in Bilbao Program
- Accommodation during your volunteering in Catalonia and Bilbao (in Valencia you must find your own accommodation).
- 3 meals per day in Catalonia, not included in the rest of the volunteer programs.
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks volunteered
- Volunteer and liability insurance
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing the program
- Spanish language course during your first 2 weeks of volunteering in Bilbao.
WHAT IS NOT PROVIDED IN VOLUNTEERING IN SPAIN?
- Flight to the country
- Meals in Valencia and Bilbao
- Airport pick up in Catalonia
- Visa, if required
- Travel medical insurance
- Vaccinations, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Travel within or outside the country
How to get involved in volunteering in Spain?
Once you fill out the program form, we will verify everything and confirm your place within 24 hours.
You pay the registration before 7 days, then your place will be guaranteed and you will be formally part of the family.
We send you the volunteer guide, course, mandatory insurance and the international volunteer agreement.