VOLUNTEERING IN COLOMBIA
Colombia, with so much beauty, we also find difficulties and poverty. In Colombia we see in its coastal towns and cities high rates of poverty and low quality of life.
The lack of provision of basic services such as health, drinking water and electricity are scarce. Not to mention the violence that has hit many Colombian towns. So we encourage you to be part of a volunteer program in Colombia.
We invite you to be part of this journey, through an international volunteer in Colombia. Where you will have the opportunity to know, live and feel for yourself the Colombian people, you will only hear that sin, with pleasure, to the order and a you give me.
Supports low-income families in Cartagena de Indias by creating and maintaining vegetable gardens in their homes.
We try to generate a change in the living conditions of children and young people through education.
CULTURE AND SPORT
Complement sports and cultural activities with attention to health, training in values and discipline.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN COLOMBIA
If you want to join a volunteer program in Cartagena, no specific training is necessary in most cases, it is only required:
- Be of legal age.
- Availability for various jobs.
- To be a participative and committed person.
- To have a good conduct and to be respectful with the people who collaborate and the community.
- You must be aware of the culture and customs of the country in which you are collaborating.
- Ability to work in a team.
Also in your registration process we will ask for the following information:
- A passport-size photo.
Copy of the passport information sheet.
- Criminal record sheet (police control).
- Vaccination card in case they are required.
- Copy of the confirmation date of the return flight ticket.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEER WORK?
The volunteer projects in Colombia are located in Cartagenas de Indias, 20 minutes by taxi from the Walled City and the hostels where the volunteers stay.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN COLOMBIA?
You can participate all year round in the following volunteer programs in Cartagena Colombia:
- Productive Patios
- Culture and sport
Volunteer programs take place from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Each program has a schedule in the week.
See specifications of times and dates of arrival in each program through its link.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
When you arrive at Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG), located 5 km from the city center, you will be met by the taxi driver responsible for the organization. This will have a sign with your name or the organization’s name on the way out, after you pass the immigration controls. It will recognize you by the photo that you sent us attached in the extended form. He will then take you to the hostel.
Depending on the time of arrival and facilities in the accommodation, you will be made the orientation of the place. The first day in the project, which is usually on Mondays, will be conducted induction to the project and the activities to be done, you will also tell the rules, rules and procedures to follow during your volunteering.
Only the yellow fever vaccine is mandatory (in theory, only for people who have spent time in countries at risk).
Also, check with the embassy of each country weeks before flying in case they require to show the vaccination card.
VISA TO ENTER COLOMBIA
For people coming from Spain, no visa is required, other countries consult the Colombian embassies in your country.
- Depending on the country of origin, no visa is required for stays of between 30 and 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Return ticket.
SECURITY IN COLOMBIA
As in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to drive in certain zones and areas of the city.
Tourist areas are generally safe, but we still recommend that you keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator if you are going on an excursion.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and address handy.
- Avoid giving out information about where you are staying, the project and your fellow students.
- Avoid risk areas in every place you visit.
Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and on your excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can avoid taking your mobile phone out in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transport services or services such as Uber or taxis.
- Avoid walking alone on unknown streets at night.
- Never put someone you don’t know into an unknown vehicle, or someone you don’t know into yours.
- Do not drink any drink of which you do not know the origin.
All volunteers collaborating in the volunteer projects in Cartagena stay in hostel selected by the organization.
WHAT DOES HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION INCLUDE?
- Bed in a shared room with other volunteers.
- Breakfasts during your volunteering.
- Use of common areas.
- WIFI connection (internet).
- Low cost laundry.
The contribution in the volunteer projects in Colombia for a period of 14 days is 460€ and with the tax deduction you will only pay 231.50€
You will be able to deduct approximately 45% of the total economic contribution to the program by means of the tax certificate that we will give you.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation.
- Accommodation and breakfast.
- Transportation to the project.
- 24/7 support from the
- Adventure Volunteer team.
- Orientation and induction to the program.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Certificate of weeks spent volunteering.
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing the program.
- Volunteer T-shirt.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to Colombia.
- Return to the airport on the last day.
- Visa if required.
- Vaccinations, if necessary.
Internal transportation or excursions.
- Trips inside or outside the country.
- Travel medical insurance (obligatory).
- Drinks, diets or special meals.
- Bottled water.
We remind you that the value of the donation can be deducted from your full income tax liability, up to a limit of 10% of the taxable base.
- Donations up to 150 :(donation equal to or less than 150), the deduction will be 80%
- Donations over 150 euros: (donation over 150 ?), will be 35% and 40% if made for more than 3 years in a row of the same value or more to the same association.
NOTE: There is a deduction from the IRPF for donations made to non-profit organisations under Law 49/2002, of 23 December. established in Articles 68.3, 69.1 IRPF Law and 69.2 Regulations. Royal Decree-Law 17/2020 of 5 May. (refunds are made in the year following payment). As a donation, the 150 euros initially contributed are not refundable.