VOLUNTEER IN INDIA
You can learn about these traditions and many more as a volunteer in this country. We collaborate in social programs of which you can be part. Coming as a volunteer gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in this country, meet its people and customs.
India is a big country and has wonderful things, but despite all its splendor, there is also much need. So, if you want to be part of the team and this experience, we encourage you to get to know the volunteer programs and start planning and organizing your adventure.
This is general information, you will have specific information about each project in its section, since according to the program, different conditions or concepts will be included or excluded, they will also have different arrival and cooperation schedules.
PROGRAMS IN INDIA
Are you studying medicine? Are you a nurse? Do you want to put your skills and knowledge into practice? We have a medical and health volunteer program in India.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE IN THE VOLUNTARY PROJECTS IN INDIA?
Social projects in Nepal such as:
- Support for women
They are open all year (according to the school period).
They remain closed during holidays and holidays.
Volunteers stay in houses of host families intended for volunteers in central areas and outside of Jaipur.
- Living with the host family gives you the opportunity to volunteer to learn in a more authentic way about India, taste local food, learn the local language and learn more about local customs and traditions.
WHAT DOES THE ACCOMMODATION INCLUDE?
- Bed in a shared room with other volunteers.
- The 3 meals, during your stay in the volunteer program.
- Laundry area to wash clothes by hand.
* A very important fact, to keep in mind is that toilet paper is not usually used in India. The volunteer must carry or purchase it on their own. In supermarkets you can find them.
For Adventure Volunteer volunteers have been an important pillar for the development of the volunteer programs where we work. Participating in some of the volunteer programs does not require being an expert or having a specific specialty, with these requirements that we mention you can participate:
- Be 18 years or older
- Availability to perform various jobs
- Be a communicative, participatory and committed person
- Have good behavior and be respectful of the people you collaborate with and the community
- You must be aware of the culture and customs of the country where you are collaborating
- Working capacity team up
Also in the registration process you must provide the following additional information:
- Asize photo
- passport-Copy of the passport information
- sheet Criminal history sheet (police control)
The price to be paid in volunteer projects in India is:
- 2 weeks (minimum period) € 585
- Each week for additional is € 160
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome and pick up at the airport.
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay.
- Meals during your volunteering.
- 24/7 support of the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Orientation and induction to the project.
- Certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering.
- NGO receipt about your program fee.
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program.
- Volunteer shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
- Flight to India
- Medical Insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Travel inside or outside the Country
- Visa, if necessary
- Vaccines, if required
- Departure Tax
- Travel and personal tourist visits
ARRIVAL TO YOU DESTINATION
Upon arrival at Jaipur International Airport (JAI), the local coordinator will pick you up and take you to the place where you will stay until the end of your volunteer project.
Depending on the time you arrive, you will be guided, where you will be told in general the basic rules of the house and the place where it is located. In addition, the program to be developed will be explained.
In India you find a climate typical of tropical areas, in which dry and very hot periods alternate with monsoon rains.
- December to February (winter), the nights and early mornings are cool and the days have a pleasant temperature.
- April the heat begins to be intense and intensifies until the month of June.
- June comes the monsoon rains. The temperature is very pleasant and the landscape is full of beauty.
- September the monsoon rains begin to disappear and the days become sunny and the temperatures are warm, but pleasant.
The official currency in India is the Rupee.
- You can make the change in your country before traveling in your bank or withdrawing money through credit cards in India.
Your flight must have as its final destination the Jaipur International Airport, where you will be transferred to the accommodation, according to organization and information given by the coordinator.
MUMBAI OR BOMBAY
Financial capital of India and one of the largest megacities in the world. The dimensions and the explosion of life that occurs in its streets justify its visit. In this beautiful city you can observe, as nowhere else, the encounter between east and west. Among the visits we recommend:
- Colaba area, still overflowing with the colonial heritage left by the British.
- Elephant Island, a world heritage site, with its cave-temples carved into the rock.
- Largest open-air laundry in the world
- The most modern Mumbai strolling at sunset along the Marine Drive boardwalk and especially walking its streets.
It is a magical enclave, surrounded by spectacular mountains on the banks of the artificial lake created by the English to build the Wilson dam. Around the lake you can visit:
- Villages belonging to tribal groups, surrounded by rice paddies.
- You can see first hand what life is like for the original people of India or Adivasi.
- Amruteshwar Temple From there you can also make a beautiful trek to the fort of Ratangad. Not far from there is the impressive Sadhan Valley canyon.
This is one of the oldest holy cities in India. In the old town you can admire how the traditional constructions were. The epicenter of the city is Ramkund, crossed by the sacred Godavari River, known as the southern Ganges. Around this area there are many temples, some of incalculable historical and artistic value.
To get to Nasik by local bus, it is a journey that takes about an hour and a half. On Nasik road we find the nearest railway station to Sangamner, from where you can travel almost anywhere in central and northern India.
Located in the city of Agra, it is considered the best mausoleum in the world and one of the seven wonders. It is not just a building, it is made up of 22 small domes, which symbolize the years that the construction lasted. On the main building we can appreciate the great dome that is the Crown of the palace.
Its immense patio, with its marble pond and the various gardens and fountains highlight its beauty. The Taj Mahal is a magical place, which will surely surprise you.
ELLORA AND AJANTA IN AURANGABAD
The city of Aurangabad is about five hours by bus from Sangamner. One of the reasons why everyone visits Aurangabad is because it is the starting point to visit one of the main artistic and cultural treasures that India has, the caves of Ellora and Ajanta. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Ellora is located about 30 km from the city and can be visited in one day along with the impressive medieval fortress of Daulatabad.
India is considered a safe country. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle in certain areas.
In general, tourist areas are safe, but we also recommend that you keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator, in case of any excursion.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying.
- Avoid giving information about where you are staying, about the project and your colleagues (volunteers).
- Do not take anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Avoid risk areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and in your excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can avoid taking out your mobile phone in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transport services.
- Avoid walking alone or alone on unfamiliar streets.
- Never get in an unknown vehicle or yours to someone you don’t know.
- Do not ingest any beverage from which you do not know the origin.
- From the moment you fill out the registration form for a program in India we will keep the place for 7 days.
- To confirm your place definitely, you must pay a € 150 signal before 7 days, once the signal is paid, your place will be guaranteed and you will be formally part of the Adventure Volunteer family of volunteers.
- As soon as you make the payment of the program signal, we will send you an email to confirm that your place is safe where we will provide you with the volunteer guide, your shirt, mandatory insurance and the volunteer agreement.
- The rest of the payment is made one month before joining the project.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO TRAVEL TO INDIA?
India is a very large country, so it is difficult to determine the best time to travel to India. We can say that the ideal time depends on the area in which you are interested to visit.
In general, you can go both in summer and winter, only that in winter you must take into account the monsoon (river overflow). It occurs in some parts of India.
CAN YOU TRAVEL TO INDIA WITHOUT KNOWING ENGLISH?
It will be a bit difficult for you to communicate with people if you don’t know English, this language is the most used with tourists. In the suitcase carry a dictionary or before traveling to practice it.
WHERE WILL I LIVE WHILE I DO MY VOLUNTEER?
You will live with a host family from India, selected by the organization. They are welcoming and friendly people. They are always willing to offer you the best of them.
HOW INSURANCE IS INDIA?
India is considered a safe country, its people very friendly, mainly with foreigners, but they must also maintain guidelines as in every country in the world.
DO I NEED A VISA TO ENTER INDIA?
This varies depending on your nationality. Most citizens of different countries can obtain a tourist visa to visit India. Check with the Embassy of India in your country what are the steps to follow.