Volunteering in Mexico
If you belong to the volunteer program in Mexico you will be able to know the rich history and plurality of the pre-Hispanic cultures of the country, live the experience of Mexican traditions, music and cuisine that its warm and colorful villages offer, as well as the attractions that the big cities in Mexico they offer.
And above all you can approach very interesting local experiences and ways of life.
The volunteer program in Mexico is primarily committed to supporting local organizations focused on education, environmental preservation, social and community development and humanitarian aid, considering the multiple needs that are found throughout the country.
Humanitarian assistance and protection of human rights are provided to migrants in transit, foreigners and nationals.
FUNCTIONAL DIVERSITY AND SENSORY STIMULATION
It is sought that children successfully acquire skills such as writing, drawing, learning and communicating effectively and emotionally.
We seek to enhance the learning of children who have greater difficulty in learning, through collaborative work environments.
Holidays among our children and youth about environmental, domestic and community care to ensure healthy eating.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO
Any volunteer who wants to be part of a volunteer program with Adventure Volunteer in Mexico must:
- Be of legal age
- You must be a committed person.
- Have the will and ability to work in a team.
- Be nice.
- Be flexible and have adaptability.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEER WORK?
All projects are located in Tlaxcala.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN MEXICO?
- Basic and cultural education in school, is open from the last week of August until the last day of June.
- Functional diversity and sensory stimulation, is open all year according to the school period in Mexico.
- Humanitarian aid is open all year.
- School and community gardens, it is open all year according to the Mexican school period.
See specifications of schedules and arrival dates on each project through its link.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
The schedule and pick-up point may vary depending on the availability of buses at the airport.
Once, at the Benito Juárez International Airport in Mexico City, you must board a bus that leaves the interior of the airport, through the company “Red Star” or “ADO” bound for Puebla. According to the hourly availability, the terminal of Puebla is chosen which will be reached: CAPU, 4 west or Plaza San Diego.
When taking the bus, the volunteer must notify the coordinator of their arrival point, there you will be received by a local coordinator. This will take you to the volunteer’s house.
You will have an orientation day where we mention the basic rules of the volunteer’s house, its location and environment, we will also explain about the program you have chosen. The orientation of the program, the headquarters of the program, the means of transport, the rules of coexistence in the house of the volunteer will be given on the day of arrival. And the weekend is assigned a day for the tour of the city center.
We recommend that you consult your medical advisor about the recommended vaccinations for this region. Also, in most Latin American countries, vaccinations are not mandatory.
VISA TO ENTER MEXICO
Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not required for stays of between 30 and 90 days. In the case of Mexico from Spain, no visa is required for 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Exit ticket from the country.
SECURITY IN MEXICO
Taking into account the insecurity problems experienced in Latin America and particularly in Mexico, we recommend that you take into account the following:
- Let your coordinator know where you are going if you decide to go on an excursion so that he can warn you about the place.
- Always have on hand the phone number of the coordinator and the address where you are staying.
- Avoid giving information about the house, work centers and other volunteers for safety.
- Do not take anyone outside the organization to the volunteer’s house.
- Recognize and avoid risk areas in each city you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and in your excursions.
- Avoid dressing strikingly: very bare or expensive clothes (jewelry).
- Avoid taking out your mobile phone in public.
- Use the «safe taxi» service or services like Uber or Pronto.
- Avoid walking alone or alone on the street at night.
- Never upload strangers to your vehicle.
- Do not ingest any beverage of which you do not know the origin.
ACCOMMODATION IN HOUSES
- The distance of the project with the volunteer’s house is 20-30 minutes by public transport.
- The house is located in Acuitlapilco, Tlaxcala. CP 90740.
WHAT DOES THE ACCOMMODATION INCLUDE?
- Bed, in a room shared with other volunteers.
- Self service breakfast.
- Use of common areas.
- Use washing machine
- Key for access (to be returned on deposit).
- WIFI (Internet).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BEACH ACCOMMODATION?
The participation of the 3-week program as a reward will provide you with a 7-day apartment in the Caribbean of the Riviera Maya.
To be able to enjoy the apartment you will only be asked for a deposit (for the loss of keys or any breakage) that will be returned at the end.
Therefore, if you want to enjoy the gift of the local association, your volunteering should be 3 weeks but your stay in the country will be 4 weeks, using the 7 days of the means to enjoy.
- 11 days in Tlaxcala volunteering + 7 days in the Cancun area + 10 days in your volunteering in Tlaxcala).
TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE ACCOMMODATION IN RIVIERA MAYA:
- Deposit of 1000 Mexican pesos (46 euros), there is no washing machine, nor Wifi.
- Cost of the flight (not included) indicative of CDMX to Cancun 2000 pesos (90 euros).
The contribution in the volunteering projects in Mexico for a period of 21 days is 330€ and with the tax deduction you will only pay 147€
You will be able to deduct approximately 45% of the total economic contribution to the program by means of the tax certificate that we will give you.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome at the Puebla bus station and transfer to the volunteer’s house.
- Accommodation during your volunteering.
- Breakfast every day and 1 lunch from Monday to Friday at school.
- 24/7 support of the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Orientation and induction to the program.
- Certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering.
- I receive NGOs about your program fee.
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program.
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight and airport transportation to Puebla (bus price € 15).
- Visa if necessary.
- Vaccines if necessary.
- Travel insurance (mandatory).
- Internal transport
- Drinks or diets or special meals.
- Bottled water.
- Trips or excursions inside or outside the Country.
We remind you that the value of the donation can be deducted from your full income tax liability, up to a limit of 10% of the taxable base.
- Donations up to 150 :(donation equal to or less than 150), the deduction will be 80%
- Donations over 150 euros: (donation over 150 ?), will be 35% and 40% if made for more than 3 years in a row of the same value or more to the same association.
NOTE: There is a deduction from the IRPF for donations made to non-profit organisations under Law 49/2002, of 23 December. established in Articles 68.3, 69.1 IRPF Law and 69.2 Regulations. Royal Decree-Law 17/2020 of 5 May. (refunds are made in the year following payment). As a donation, the 150 euros initially contributed are not refundable.