VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN SPAIN (VALENCIA)
Spain is one of the countries most affected by the pandemic, leaving thousands of families in extreme poverty. With your help, doing an international volunteer program in Spain, you will collaborate in projects while getting to know one of the main cities of Spain such as Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona where you will be able to enjoy its beaches, culture, language, and at the same time create positive impacts through your volunteering in Spain (Valencia).
Being part of one of the volunteer projects as volunteer in Spain is a great opportunity to put your knowledge and skills into practice helping children, young people and women.
CARE OF CHILDREN
It seeks the active participation of low-income children through knowledge and learning. The organization is aware of these children’s needs and works on them in order to achieve greater well-being in the children who are part of the program.
JOBS WITH IMMIGRANT WOMEN
It seeks through meaningful actions to foster self-awareness and trust. Besides working on personal aspects such as self-esteem, communication skills and personal development of women.
Through the volunteer program in Spain (Valencia), we seek to work on aspects related to cognitive factors, emotional manifestations and everything related to self-knowledge, personal self-government, autonomy and personal independence of the children who attend the center.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN SPAIN
- You must be of legal age to participate in some of Adventure Volunteer’s volunteer projects.
- Present a criminal record certificate.
- Volunteers must be tolerant, enthusiastic and open-minded.
- Knowledge of English and Spanish for the women’s empowerment program.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
You can improve your Spanish by attending centrally located Spanish language classes during your international volunteering in Valencia as volunteer in Spain
We work with a central Spanish academy, where you can take classes from 6 to 10 hours a week.
- In each volunteer program you can find information about the different options available for the classes.
When you finish your classes you will be able to use the means of transport, communicate with your fellow volunteers, learn main verbs, pronunciation, frequently used words, which will allow you to continue your volunteer work in our destinations in Spain and Latin America.
Once you finish your classes you will be able to stay in the central bars with the rest of your classmates and enjoy the open-air terraces in the centre of Valencia.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEER WORK IN SPAIN – VALENCIA?
All volunteer in Spain, Spain take place in Valencia or surroundings. Depending on where you are staying, you can serve on foot or by metro.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN SPAIN-VALENCIA?
You can participate all year round in the volunteer programms in Spain:
- Working with immigrant women
- School reinforcement
There is collaboration from Monday to Thursday divided into two shifts 10:30 to 1:30 and 17:30 to 19:30 hours.
Projects remain closed for:
- All month of August
- July afternoons
- National holidays, using the latter to get to know the neighbourhoods and villages of the Valencian Community better.
See specifications of schedules and dates of arrival in each program.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
Upon arrival at Valencia Manises Airport (VLC), the responsible local coordinator will be waiting for you and will take you by transport to Valencia where you will be staying.
Depending on what time you arrive, you will have the orientation day. You will be told in a general way about the activities and basic rules of the project. In addition, you will be guided about places you can visit in your free time.
We suggest that you consult your medical advisor about recommended vaccinations for this region, as in most European countries vaccinations are not mandatory.
VISA TO ENTER SPAIN
- Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not required for stays of between 30 and 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Economic solvency (depending on the country of origin)
SECURITY IN SPAIN
The organization does everything possible to ensure that our volunteers remain safe during their stay in Valencia.
You can behave as you would if you moved to a new city anywhere:
- Be cautious
- Check things out
- Ask a question
- Learn about your neighborhood
- Know where the riskiest places are
- Use common sense and be aware
Volunteers participating in programs in Spain have 2 accommodation options.
- If you take the Spanish classes, you will stay in a private room in a shared flat, in the Benimaclet neighbourhood.
- In the case that you only participate in volunteering, you stay in shared rooms in Alboraya or Carme del Bemllos.
Likewise, if your idea is to look for accommodation in a hostel or hotel, we leave you these details of possible accommodations: Urban Youth Hostel, Center Valencia Youth Hostel, Stay in Vibrant Russafa, Red Nest Hostel Valencia or The River Hostel.
Normally you will find these types of accommodation in the centre of the Capital of Valencia. You will also find shops, restaurants, bars and discotheques nearby.
On the food, in Valencia you can eat from 3 euros the plate. You will be able to find many food shops near your accommodation. Valencia is a province of Spain quite cheap to eat, you will enjoy dishes such as paella, baked rice, Mediterranean salad and all kinds of pastas.
The contribution to volunteer projects in Spain for a period of 14 days is 180€and with the tax deduction you will only pay 49.50€
- The costs shown are only if you participate in the volunteering. For costs that include the Spanish classes, please consult the costs in each program.
You will be able to deduct approximately 45% of the total economic contribution to the program by means of the tax certificate that we will give you.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteering (according to the chosen modality)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
- Volunteer T-Shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Trips inside or outside the country
We remind you that the value of the donation can be deducted from your full income tax liability, up to a limit of 10% of the taxable base.
- Donations up to 150 :(donation equal to or less than 150), the deduction will be 80%
- Donations over 150 euros: (donation over 150 ?), will be 35% and 40% if made for more than 3 years in a row of the same value or more to the same association.
NOTE: There is a deduction from the IRPF for donations made to non-profit organisations under Law 49/2002, of 23 December. established in Articles 68.3, 69.1 IRPF Law and 69.2 Regulations. Royal Decree-Law 17/2020 of 5 May. (refunds are made in the year following payment). As a donation, the 150 euros initially contributed are not refundable.