Volunteer Programs in Spain
Spain is one of the countries most affected by the pandemic, leaving thousands of families in extreme poverty. With your help, doing an international volunteer in Spain programs, you will collaborate in projects while getting to know one of the main cities of Spain such as Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona where you will be able to enjoy its beaches, culture, language, and at the same time create positive impacts through your volunteering in Spain.
Being part of one of the amazing experience in the volunteer in Spain projects, is a great opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and skills helping children, young people and women.en práctica tus conocimientos y habilidades ayudando a niños, niñas, jóvenes y mujeres.
Child care in Valencia (paralyzed)
Se busca la participación activa de voluntarios para colaborar con los niños de escasos recursos de España, a través del conocimiento y el aprendizaje. La organización local es conocedora de estas necesidades y se trabaja en ellas para alcanzar un mayor bienestar en los niños que son parte del programa.
Working with immigrant women in Valencia (paralyzed)
Through meaningful actions, it seeks to foster self-confidence and self-confidence. In addition to working on the experience as personal aspects such as self-esteem, communication skills and personal development of women.
Functional diversity in Valencia
Through the volunteer in Spain programs, we seek to support people with disabilities and help them in their day to day goals and opportunities life.
Volunteering in Bilbao
You can collaborate in Bilbao by participating in dog or cat care programs, beach cleanups or English support for underprivileged children bring news opportunities.
Requirements for volunteer in Spain
- You must be of legal age to participate in any of the volunteer projects in Spain.
- You must present a criminal record certificate.
- Volunteers must be tolerant, enthusiastic and open-minded.
- Knowledge of English and Spanish for the women’s empowerment program.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Spanish classes during your volunteer in Spain
You can improve your Spanish by attending centrally located Spanish language classes while volunteer in Spain. We collaborate with a centrally located Spanish academy, where you can take classes from 6 to 10 hours per week.
- In each volunteer program you can find information on the different options available for the classes.
When you finish your classes you will be able to use the means of transportation, communicate with your fellow volunteers, learn main verbs, pronunciation, most used words, which will allow you to continue volunteer in our destinations in Central America.
Once you finish your classes you can stay in the central bars with the rest of your classmates and enjoy the outdoor terraces in the center of Valencia or Bilbao.
Where will I be while as volunteer in Spain?
All volunteer projects in Spain take place in the city itself. Depending on where you are staying, you can walk or take the subway.
When can I collaborate in volunteer projects in Spain?
You can participate all year round in the volunteer programs in Spain:
- Work with immigrant women
- School reinforcement
- Child care
- Functional diversity
We collaborate from Monday to Thursday divided in two shifts from 10:30 am to 1:30 am and from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
Projects remain closed for:
- State of pandemic alarm
- Holy Week
- The whole month of August
- July in the afternoons
- National holidays, using the latter to get to know better the neighborhoods and towns of the Valencian Community.
See specifications of arrival times and dates in each program.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
Upon arrival at Valencia Manises Airport (VLC) for your volunteer placement in Valencia, the local coordinator will welcome you and take you to the accommodation you have chosen.
Depending on your arrival time, you will be given an orientation. You will be told in general about the activities and basic rules of the project. In addition, you will be oriented about places you can visit in your free time.
We suggest that you consult with your medical advisor about the recommended vaccinations for this region, also in most European countries vaccinations are not mandatory.
REQUIREMENTS BY COVID-19
- It is not mandatory to submit a PCR.
- It is mandatory to fill in the Health Declaration Form. It must be filled out before the trip or in the SpTH app. When filling it out you will be provided with a QR that you must present upon arrival in the country. It is only submitted online.
VISA TO ENTER SPAIN
- Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not required for stays between 30 and 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Economic solvency (depending on the country of origin).
SECURITY IN SPAIN
La organización hace todo lo posible para asegurar que nuestros voluntarios permanezcan seguros durante su estadía en Valencia.
You can behave as you would if you were moving to a new city anywhere:
- Be cautious
- Check things out
- Ask questions
- Learn about your neighborhood
- Know where the riskiest places are
- Use common sense and be aware
Volunteers participating in the volunteer programs in Valencia (Spain) have 2 housing options.
- If you take the Spanish classes, you can stay in a private room in a shared apartment in the neighborhood of Benimaclet.
- When you only participate as a volunteer without Spanish course, you must find your own accommodation.
Also if your idea is to look for a hostel or hotel accommodation we leave you these details of possible accommodations: Urban Youth Hostel, Center Valencia Youth Hostel, Stay in Vibrant Russafa, Red Nest Hostel Valencia,The River Hostel.
Normally these types of accommodations are located in the center of the capital of Valencia. Where you will also have nearby stores, restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
About food, in Valencia you can eat from 3 euros a plate. You will be able to find many food stores near your accommodation. Valencia is a fairly cheap province of Spain to eat, you will enjoy dishes such as paella, baked rice, Mediterranean salad and all kinds of pasta.
The contribution for volunteer projects in Spain for a period of 14 days is €180.
- The contributions shown are only if you participate in the volunteer program. For programs that include Spanish classes, please consult each program for costs.
WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Welcome airport or bus
- Accommodation during your volunteering (according to the chosen modality)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Follow-up and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks spent volunteering
- RC and accident insurance
- Tax certificate
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of the program
- Volunteer T-shirt
WHAT IS NOT OFFERED?
- Flight to the country
- Meals and house
- Visa, if required
- Travel medical insurance
- Vaccinations, if necessary
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Travel within or outside the country