VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN BALI
One of the ways to get to know a country is to volunteer, but not just any volunteer, but a different volunteer experience; where you can meet, live and feel the true essence of that place and its people. You can do this through a Volunteer in Bali, in this magnificent island of Indonesia.
Get to know this wonderful country for yourself, which also needs that time that you can dedicate to a social cause as important as this.
CHILD CARE IN BALI
TEACHING GIRLS AND BOYS IN BALI
CONSTRUCTION IN BALI
SEA TURTLES IN BALI
What are the needs in volunteering in Bali?
These are some of the achievements in Indonesia, where the volunteer in Bali will help in some of them according to the project.
- child marriages
- Kids from the street
- sexual exploitation
- Low quality teaching
- Lack of schooling in the provinces
- Widespread poverty
- child violence
- Lack of birth registration
What are the requirements to volunteer in Bali?
To be part of the volunteer programs in Bali , no specific training is necessary, it is only required:
- Committed person, since you actively participate in educational and social activities that require your commitment.
- Knowledge of Indonesian language or English.
- Willingness and ability to work as a team. It is important, since you collaborate with other volunteers and with people from different cultures.
- Be empathetic and have respect for their culture and way of life).
- As a volunteer you have to be flexible and easily adaptable.
- Good conduct and comply with the rules of the country and the organization.
- Be of legal age or come with your parents.
In each project, you can check the requirements that are specifically requested for volunteering in Indonesia.
In addition, one of the necessary requirements is the processing of the B211 social cultural visa before your arrival (it takes 10-15 days as standard).
When to do the volunteer program in Bali?
The teaching projects at Volunteer Bali are open all year round with the exception of the programs that depend on the school calendar. The rest of the programs are open all year round. You can start your collaboration on a Monday, arriving on a weekend in the country.
Regular updates are made so that the information is as accurate as possible, even though working in countries with scarce resources, it can always differ a little, especially in the months of July and August.
For more information, questions or assistance with a colleague of our team you can contact us via phone or Whatsapp here.
The steps to follow to register are as follows:
- Fill out the form to reserve your volunteering.
- Wait for our confirmation of availability.
- Make a 1st donation for the registration to the Adventure Volunteer association.
- You will receive an email with the volunteer agreement to be completed by you.
- You will return to us by email all the requested information and you will be able to purchase the flight.
- A few weeks before you start you will receive information from the local organization.
- Now you only have to pack your suitcase, you have a whole team that will make everything easier for you and you will be in contact at all times, so you don’t have to worry.
To be part of the volunteer programs in Sri Lanka, it is not necessary any specific training and it is only required:
- To be of legal age (possibility minor with guardian or parents).
- To be a participative and committed person.
- Be respectful of people, culture and customs.
- To know how to adapt and work in a team.
- Criminal record certificate for social work.
- Sign cooperation agreement and interview with our team.
- Appropriate clothing for the destination.
- Knowledge of English.
ACCOMMODATION IN YOUR VOLUNTEERING IN BALI
The volunteer house is located in Pejeng Kaja, 15 minutes from Ubud, in all programs except for the Turtle program, where the volunteer house is located in Nusa Penida, 5 minutes walk from the project. The accommodation has shared rooms for volunteers, between 4 and 8 people per room (rooms distributed by gender).
In addition, the accommodations have enough space for volunteers to interact and enjoy their time in Bali.
In the volunteer’s houses you will find common areas to be, as well as to have meetings and meals together.
Accommodation for volunteers in social projects
Volunteer accommodation on Nusa Penida turtle conservation
What is the volunteer accommodation like in Bali?
- Bed in a secure room that you share with other volunteers of the same sex (for families or couples you can request a private room depending on availability).
- 3 meals during the week (breakfast, lunch and dinner) 2 during the weekend.
- Shared bathroom.
- Hot water.
- WIFI (may not be stable).
- Purified water.
- We recommend bringing your own padlock.
HOW IS THE FOOD?
The gastronomy in Indonesia is delicious and diverse, with a wide variety of flavors and foods that you will taste during your stay in the country. Typical dishes include Mie Goreng (fried noodles and vegetables), Nasi Goreng (fried rice and vegetables) or Gado Gado (mixed vegetables with satay sauce).
It is an ideal diet for vegan or vegetarian volunteers, Balinese cuisine uses a lot of tofu and tempeh (soy), there are also some western dishes available. Breakfasts are varied and include pancakes, fresh fruit, toast, etc.
Tea, coffee and purified water are available in the house. We do not recommend drinking tap water.
WHAT WILL THE ARRIVAL AT THE DESTINATION BE LIKE?
The local organization will welcome you at the airport in Bali-Denpasar (DPS), if you arrive on Sundays, located 40 km away from the volunteer’s house, more or less 1 hour drive.
Depending on the time you arrive in Bali you will rest, and on Monday you will be given an orientation of the house, the project and the activities to be carried out. At that time the coordinator responsible for the project or area where you will be assigned will tell you the norms, rules and procedures to follow during your volunteering.
From Tuesday onwards you will be self-sufficient to develop your work as a volunteer.
VISA IN BALI
- It is necessary to obtain a B211 social cultural visa before your arrival (it takes 10-15 days as standard) to carry out any of the projects.
- Valid passport with a validity of at least six months.
- Round trip ticket.
- Vaccination certificate.
SECURITY IN BALI
As in any country, you must take certain precautions and know how to handle yourself in certain zones and areas.
In general, tourist areas are safe, but we still recommend you to take these details into account:
- Notify your coordinator, in case you are going on an excursion.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying.
- Avoid giving out information about the place where you are staying, the project and your fellow volunteers.
- Avoid leaving things on the sand while swimming.
- Do not bring anyone from outside the organization to the volunteer’s house.
- Travel frugally in your daily transfers and excursions.
- Avoid drawing attention to yourself with jewelry and accessories.
- If possible, avoid taking out your cell phone in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transportation services.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets.
- Never get into an unfamiliar vehicle with someone you do not know.
- Do not drink any beverage whose origin you do not know.
The financial contribution is divided into two parts:
- The registration that you will give as a donation to the association Adventure Volunteer. This contribution has a tax benefit of 80% that you can deduct in your income tax return.
- The remaining part of the cost of the program will go to the partner organization that we will send on your behalf as a substitute or you can deliver it directly to the project.
What is offered to the volunteer in Bali?
- Welcome at the airport and accompaniment on Sundays
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay
- 3 meals during your volunteering (2 weekends)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the project
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Guide, advice and management in choosing the program
- RC and volunteer insurance
- Tax certificate for income relief
What is not offered to the volunteer in Bali?
- Flight to Bali
- Entry fees to the country
- Vaccines, if required
- Internal transport or excursions
- Trips inside or outside the country
- travel medical insurance
How do I book my volunteering in Bali?
Once you fill out the program form, we will verify everything and confirm your place within 24 hours.
The registration fee must be paid within 7 days, then your place will be guaranteed 1 month before the payment of the programme.
We send you the mandatory insurance and the international volunteer agreement.