VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN COLOMBIA
Colombia, with so much beauty, we also find difficulties and poverty. When volunteering in Colombia we will see in its coastal towns and cities high rates of poverty and low quality of life.
The lack of basic health services, drinking water and electricity are scarce. Not to mention the violence that has hit many Colombian towns. So we encourage you to be part of a volunteer program in Colombia.
We invite you to be part of this experience by volunteer in Colombia. You will have the opportunity to know, live and feel for yourself the affection of the Colombian people and their typical words like; con gusto, a la orden and a me regalas.
PRODUCTIVE YARDS IN COLOMBIA
Support low-income families in Cartagena de Indias by creating and maintaining vegetable gardens in their homes.
SCHOOL REINFORCEMENT IN COLOMBIA
Support us in generating a change in the living conditions of children and young people in Cartagena, by means of education.
CULTURE AND SPORTS IN COLOMBIA
Complement sports and cultural activities with health care, training in values and disciple.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN COLOMBIA?
If you want to join a volunteer program in Colombia no specific training is necessary in most cases, it is only required that you:
- Be of legal age.
- Have availability for various jobs.
- Be a participative and committed person.
- Have a good conduct and to be respectful with the people who collaborate and the community.
- Be aware of the culture and customs of the country in which you are collaborating.
- Have the ability to work in a team.
Also in your registration process we will ask for the following information:
- A passport-size photo
- Photocopy of passport
- Criminal record sheet (police control)
- Vaccination card in case they are required.
- Copy of the confirmation date of the return flight ticket.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEER IN COLOMBIA?
The volunteer projects in Colombia are located in Cartagenas de Indias, 20 minutes by taxi from the Walled City and the hostels where the volunteers stay.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER IN COLOMBIA?
You can participate all year round (except from December 20 to February 2) in the following volunteer programs in Colombia:
- Productive patios
- Culture and sports
See specifications of schedules and arrival dates for each program through its link.
For more information, questions or assistance with a colleague of our team you can contact us via phone or Whatsapp here.
The steps to follow to register are as follows:
- Fill out the form to reserve your volunteering.
- Wait for our confirmation of availability.
- Make a 1st donation for the registration to the Adventure Volunteer association.
- You will receive an email with the volunteer agreement to be completed by you.
- You will return to us by email all the requested information and you will be able to purchase the flight.
- A few weeks before you start you will receive information from the local organization.
- Now you only have to pack your suitcase, you have a whole team that will make everything easier for you and you will be in contact at all times, so you don’t have to worry.
To be part of the volunteer programs in Sri Lanka, it is not necessary any specific training and it is only required:
- To be of legal age (possibility minor with guardian or parents).
- To be a participative and committed person.
- Be respectful of people, culture and customs.
- To know how to adapt and work in a team.
- Criminal record certificate for social work.
- Sign cooperation agreement and interview with our team.
- Appropriate clothing for the destination.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
ACCOMMODATION FOR YOUR VOLUNTEER WORK IN COLOMBIA
All volunteers who collaborate in volunteer projects in Cartagena stay in hostels in the famous Gethsemani neighborhood.
Volunteer accommodation in Colombia
What is the volunteer accommodation like?
- Bed in a shared room
- Breakfast during your volunteering
- Use of common areas
- WIFI connection (internet)
- Low-cost laundry or hand-washing facilities
WHAT WILL THE ARRIVAL AT THE DESTINATION BE LIKE?
You will be welcomed (low cost) at the Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG), located 5 km from the city center, by our local coordinator.
Depending on the time of arrival in the country and the facilities at your accommodation, you will be oriented to the place. On the first day of the project, which is usually on Mondays, you will receive an induction to the project and the activities to be carried out, and you will also be told about the norms, rules and procedures to follow during your volunteering.
The only vaccination required is yellow fever (in theory only for people who have spent some time with countries at risk) also check with the embassy of each country weeks before flying in case they require to show the vaccination booklet.
VISA IN COLOMBIA
You should consult with the Colombian embassies in your country.
- Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not required for stays between 30 and 90 days.
- Valid passport with a validity of at least six months.
- Round trip ticket.
SECURITY IN COLOMBIA
As in many countries of the world, it is necessary to take certain precautions and know how to handle yourself in certain zones and areas of the city.
In general, the tourist areas are safe, but we still recommend you to take these details into account:
- Notify your coordinator, in case you are going on an excursion.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying.
- Avoid giving out information about the place where you are staying, your project and your companions.
- Avoid risky areas in every place you visit.
- Travel frugally in your daily transfers and excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can, avoid taking out your cell phone in public places.
- Try to use safe transportation services in the country or services such as Uber or cabs.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets at night.
- Never take someone you do not know in an unfamiliar vehicle or in your own vehicle.
- Do not drink any beverage whose origin you do not know.
The financial contribution is divided into two parts:
- The registration that you will give as a donation to the Adventure Volunteer association. This contribution has a tax benefit of 80% that you will be able to deduct in your income tax return.
- The remaining part of the cost of the program will go to the partner organization that we will send on your behalf as a substitute or you can deliver it directly to the project.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR A VOLUNTEERING IN COLOMBIA?
- Accommodation and breakfast.
- 24/7 support from the
- Adventure Volunteer team.
- Orientation and induction to the program.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Certificate of weeks spent volunteering.
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing the program.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN A VOLUNTEERING IN COLOMBIA?
- Flight to Colombia.
- Welcome at the airport and transfer.
- Return to the airport on the last day.
- Visa if required.
- Vaccinations, if necessary.
- Internal transportation to project
- Trips inside or outside the country.
- Travel medical insurance (obligatory).
- Drinks, diets or special meals.
- Bottled water.
HOW TO BOOK MY VOLUNTEERING IN COLOMBIA?
Once you fill out the program form, we will verify everything and confirm your place within 24 hours.
The registration fee must be paid within 7 days, then your place will be guaranteed 1 month before the payment of the programme.
We send you the mandatory insurance and the international volunteer agreement.