VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN HONDURAS
Honduras does not escape from a reality that affects many Central American countries, such as the inequality of many of its citizens.
For many families their main source of income is from jobs in large textile companies and most of these workers are women, young people and single mothers. So we try to do our part by volunteering in Honduras.
You can be part of the volunteer project in Honduras and help our children, who are the most important pillar in our society, to improve their skills and knowledge.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT IN HONDURAS
We seek to empower and develop all the skills and knowledge of children and young people from poor communities in Kenya.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
For Adventure Volunteer, volunteers are an important pillar for the development of all volunteer programs where we collaborate. So participating in some of the volunteer programs in Honduras does not require you to have a specific specialty, only with the desire and these requirements that we mention you can participate:
- Be of legal age
- Availability to perform various jobs
- Be a communicative, participatory and committed person
- Have good behavior and be respectful of the people you collaborate and the community
- You must be aware of the culture and customs of the country you are collaborating with
- Capacity for teamwork
WHERE WILL I BE WHILE VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
The projects are developed in Talanga and are 400 meters from the family house where the volunteers are staying.
For more information, questions or assistance with a colleague of our team you can contact us via phone or Whatsapp here.
The steps to follow to register are as follows:
- Fill out the form to reserve your volunteering.
- Wait for our confirmation of availability.
- Make a 1st donation for the registration to the Adventure Volunteer association.
- You will receive an email with the volunteer agreement to be completed by you.
- You will return to us by email all the requested information and you will be able to purchase the flight.
- A few weeks before you start you will receive information from the local organization.
- Now you only have to pack your suitcase, you have a whole team that will make everything easier for you and you will be in contact at all times, so you don’t have to worry.
To be part of the volunteer programs in Sri Lanka, it is not necessary any specific training and it is only required:
- To be of legal age (possibility minor with guardian or parents).
- To be a participative and committed person.
- Be respectful of people, culture and customs.
- To know how to adapt and work in a team.
- Criminal record certificate for social work.
- Sign cooperation agreement and interview with our team.
- Appropriate clothing for the destination.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
ACCOMMODATION FOR YOUR VOLUNTEER WORK IN HONDURAS
You will live with a Honduran host family. All selected homes have the basic amenities that a lower-middle class family in Honduras generally has.
Keep in mind that these are humble families, the country is quite poor, and water and other supplies may be cut off.
Volunteer accommodation in Honduras
What is the volunteer accommodation like?
- Bed in a room shared with other volunteers.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Laundry area (cold water and hand wash only)
- WIFI in the house
WHAT WILL THE ARRIVAL AT THE DESTINATION BE LIKE?
Upon arrival at the international airport Toncontín in Tegucigalpa, which is located 53 kilometers from the project. The local coordinator of the organization will welcome you, in case you have arranged with him the pick up (low cost), otherwise he will give you the directions to arrive on your own to the project.
If you decide to arrange and organize the pick-up with the local coordinator, once you are picked up, you will be taken to the family’s house where you will stay until the end of your volunteer project.
Depending on the time of arrival, you will be given an orientation or the following day, where you will be told in a general way the basic rules of the house and the place, as well as the explanation of the program to be developed according to the time of the year.
VISA IN HONDURAS
If you are from any of the countries that belong to the Central American Convention of free mobility (Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua) you can enter Honduras without a passport, just by showing your identification card or ID card.
In case you are a European citizen, you do not need a visa to travel to Honduras. You must have the following at hand when traveling to Honduras:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Round trip ticket.
- Hotel reservation or letter of invitation.
SECURITY IN HONDURAS
Honduras is still seen as a place where you can go sightseeing and be safe. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle yourself in certain zones and areas of the city.
Generally the tourist areas are safe, but we still recommend you to keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator, in case you are going on an excursion, so that he/she can warn you about the places.
- Keep your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying handy in case you need it.
- Avoid giving out information about where you are staying, the project and your fellow volunteers for safety reasons.
- Do not bring anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s house.
- Avoid risky areas in every place you visit.
- Travel frugally in your daily transfers and excursions.
- Avoid drawing attention to yourself with jewelry and accessories.
- If possible, avoid taking out your cell phone in public places.
- Try to use safe transportation services in the country or services such as Uber or cabs.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets at night.
- Never take someone you do not know in an unfamiliar vehicle or in your own vehicle.
- Do not drink any beverage whose origin you do not know.
The financial contribution is divided into two parts:
- The registration that you will give as a donation to the Adventure Volunteer association. This contribution has a tax benefit of 80% that you will be able to deduct in your income tax return.
- The remaining part of the cost of the program will go to the partner organization that we will send on your behalf as a substitute or you can deliver it directly to the project.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR A VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay.
- Meals during your volunteering (3 a day).
- 24/7 support of the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation at the end of your program.
- Civil Liability
- Insurance Accident Insurance for volunteer activity.
- Orientation by the zone and induction to the project.
- Digital certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering.
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN A VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
- Flight to Honduras
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport pick-up not included
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Travel inside or outside the Country
- Visa, if necessary
- Drinks, diets and special meals.
- Bottled water.
HOW TO BOOK MY VOLUNTEER IN HONDURAS?
Once you fill out the program form, we will verify everything and confirm your place within 24 hours.
The registration fee must be paid within 7 days, then your place will be guaranteed 1 month before the payment of the programme.
We send you the mandatory insurance and the international volunteer agreement.