VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN HONDURAS
Honduras does not escape from a reality that affects many Central American countries, such as the inequality of many of its citizens.
For many families their main source of income is from jobs in large textile companies and most of these workers are women, young people and single mothers. So we try to do our part by volunteering in Honduras.
You can be part of the volunteer project in Honduras and help our children, who are the most important pillar in our society, to improve their skills and knowledge.
We seek to empower and develop all the skills and knowledge of children and young people from poor communities in Kenya.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
For Adventure Volunteer, volunteers are an important pillar for the development of all volunteer programs where we collaborate. So participating in some of the volunteer programs in Honduras does not require you to have a specific specialty, only with the desire and these requirements that we mention you can participate:
- Be of legal age
- Availability to perform various jobs
- Be a communicative, participatory and committed person
- Have good behavior and be respectful of the people you collaborate and the community
- You must be aware of the culture and customs of the country you are collaborating with
- Capacity for teamwork
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
The projects are developed in Talanga and are 400 meters from the family house where the volunteers are staying.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN HONDURAS?
You can participate throughout the year in the following volunteering in Honduras:
- Teaching and support in children’s canteen
See specifications of schedules and arrival dates in the detail of the program through its link.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
We will pick you up from the Toncontín de Tegucigalpa International Airport, which is located 53 kilometers from the project where you will be received by the local coordinator of the organization, which will take you by car or public transport to the family house where you will stay until The term of your project.
Depending on the time of arrival, you will be guided or the next day, where you will be told in general the basic rules of the house and the place where it is located, in addition to the explanation of the program to be developed according to the time of year.
At present, it is not mandatory to have any vaccination to enter Honduras, except for travelers coming from countries in yellow fever endemic areas (they will ask for a vaccination card).
The vaccine must be given at least 10 days before traveling.
- Register at the following link: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/login. You must bring it printed out.
- Entry form
- Negative PCR test 72 hours prior to entry into Honduras
Consult for restriction updates:
- Government of Honduras: https://covid19honduras.org
VISA TO ENTER HONDURAS
If you are from one of the countries that belong to the Central American Agreement on free mobility (Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua) you can enter Honduras without a passport, just by showing your identification card such as Cédula or DNI.
If you are a European citizen, you do not need a visa to travel to Honduras. You must have the following on hand when travelling to Honduras:
- Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months
- Return ticket
- Hotel reservation or invitation letter
SECURITY IN HONDURAS
Honduras is still seen as a place where you can go sightseeing and be safe. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle in certain areas and areas of the city.
In general, tourist areas are safe, but we also recommend that you keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator, in case of any excursion, so that he can warn you about the places.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying in case you need it.
- Avoid giving information about where you are staying, about the project and your colleagues (volunteers) for safety.
- Do not take anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Avoid risk areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and in your excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can avoid taking out your mobile phone in public places.
- Try using the country’s safe transport services or services such as Uber or taxis.
- Avoid walking alone or alone on streets not known at night.
- Never get in an unknown vehicle or yours to someone you don’t know.
- Do not ingest any beverage from which you do not know the origin.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION
You will live with a Honduran host family. All the selected houses have the basic comforts that in general have a family of medium low status in Honduras.
Bear in mind that they are humble families, the country is quite poor and water cuts and other supplies can be suffered.
WHAT DOES THE HOMESTAY INCLUDE IN A VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
- Bed, in a room that you share with other volunteers.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Laundry area (only cold water and hand wash).
- WIFI in the house
The contribution in the volunteer projects in Honduras for a period of 14 days is 445€.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR A VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
- Welcome and transfer to the accommodation.
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay.
- Meals during your volunteering (3 a day).
- 24/7 support of the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation at the end of your program.
- Civil Liability
- Insurance Accident Insurance for volunteer activity.
- Orientation by the zone and induction to the project.
- Digital certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering.
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program.
- Volunteer shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN A VOLUNTEERING IN HONDURAS?
- Flight to Honduras
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Travel inside or outside the Country
- Visa, if necessary
- Drinks, diets and special meals.
- Bottled water.