VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN INDIA
Fascinating and spiritual, two words that define the incredible country of India and that call the attention of everyone who visits it.You can learn about these traditions and many more by volunteering in India.
India is a big country and has wonderful things, but despite all its splendour, there is also much need. So, if you want to be part of the team and this experience, we encourage you to get to know the volunteer programs in India.
Many children in India need affection, love, care and a quality education. The program seeks to provide adequate care and attention to children.
TEACHING AND SCHOOL REINFORCEMENT
Access to education for some children and young people is limited; mainly in areas where socially excluded families live “Slums”. Support children with your knowledge and skills, while discovering a unique culture.
SUPPORT FOR WOMEN
The Volunteer Support Program for Women in India has been set up to support basic education and skills development for women living in rural areas, slums, villages and particularly excluded women.
Where in company with our medical team and our mobile van you can attend and help children and young people from vulnerable communities in India.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN INDIA
For Adventure Volunteer volunteers in India have been an important pillar for the development of the volunteer programs where we work. Participating in some of the volunteer programs does not require being an expert or having a specific specialty, with these requirements that we mention you can participate:
- Be 18 years or older
- Availability to perform various jobs
- Be a communicative, participatory and committed person
- Have good behavior and be respectful of the people you collaborate with and the community
- You must be aware of the culture and customs of the country where you are collaborating
- Working capacity team up
Also in the registration process you must provide the following additional information:
- Passport photo
- Photocopy of passport
- Certificate of criminal record (police check)
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEER WORK IN INDIA?
The projects of the volunteering in India are in Jaipur, India.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN INDIA?
All of the volunteer programs in India are open all year round.
- The teaching projects are closed during vacations and public holidays.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
Upon arrival at Jaipur International Airport (JAI), the local coordinator will pick you up and take you to the place where you will stay until the end of your volunteer project.
Depending on the time you arrive, you will be guided, where you will be told in general the basic rules of the house and the place where it is located. In addition, the program to be developed will be explained.
We suggest that you consult with your medical advisor about recommended vaccinations for this region, as in most Asian countries vaccinations are not mandatory depending on where you travel.
VISA TO ENTER INDIA
A visa is required to enter India. They have a maximum duration of 60 days. The procedure can be done through the official website of the e-Visa.
It is very easy to apply for this visa. You fill in the form, make the payment ( 50 ? plus) and proceed to send it to you by e-mail. It is possible that it will take a while for the mail to arrive, since they must first confirm the payment.
If the application is accepted, the word Granted should appear in the status section. This authorization must be printed out and carried with you throughout your trip.
India is considered a safe country. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle in certain areas.
In general, tourist areas are safe, but we also recommend that you keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator, in case of any excursion.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying.
- Avoid giving information about where you are staying, about the project and your colleagues (volunteers).
- Do not take anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Avoid risk areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and in your excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can avoid taking out your mobile phone in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transport services.
- Avoid walking alone or alone on unfamiliar streets.
- Never get in an unknown vehicle or yours to someone you don’t know.
- Do not ingest any beverage from which you do not know the origin.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION
Volunteers stay in houses of host families intended for volunteers in central areas and outside of Jaipur.
- Living with the host family gives you the opportunity to volunteer to learn in a more authentic way about India, taste local food, learn the local language and learn more about local customs and traditions.
WHAT DOES THE ACCOMMODATION INCLUDE?
- Bed in a shared room with other volunteers.
- The 3 meals, during your stay in the volunteer program.
- Laundry area to wash clothes by hand.
Meals usually include the following:
- Breakfast, tea / coffee + bread or Poha or Indian Paratha.
- Lunch and dinner, you will have 2 types of Indian vegetables + Roti (Chapati’s) + Rice + Yogurt + Pickles.
- Usually there is always a fruit basket that you can use at any time.
* A very important fact to keep in mind is that toilet paper is not usually used in India. The volunteer must carry or purchase it on their own. In supermarkets you can find them.
The contribution to volunteer projects in India for a period of 14 days is 585€.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING?
- Welcome and pick up at the airport.
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay.
- Meals during your volunteering.
- 24/7 support of the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Orientation and induction to the project.
- Certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering.
- NGO receipt about your program fee.
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program.
- Volunteer shirt
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Flight to India
- Medical Insurance (mandatory)
- Internal transport or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Travel inside or outside the Country
- Visa, if necessary
- Vaccines, if required
- Departure Tax
- Travel and personal tourist visits