Volunteer Programs in Mexico
If you belong to the volunteer program in Mexico you will be able to know the rich history and plurality of the pre-Hispanic cultures of the country, live the experience of Mexican traditions, music and cuisine that its warm and colorful villages offer, as well as the attractions that the big cities in Mexico they offer.
And above all you can approach very interesting local experiences and ways of life in the volunteering in Mexico.
Volunteer programs in Mexico focus mainly on supporting local organizations focused on education, environmental preservation, social and community development and humanitarian aid, considering the multiple needs found throughout the country.
HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE IN MEXICO
Humanitarian assistance and protection of human rights are provided to migrants in transit, foreigners and nationals.
FUNCTIONAL DIVERSITY AND SENSORY STIMULATION IN MEXICO
It is sought that children successfully acquire skills such as writing, drawing, learning and communicating effectively and emotionally.
MARINE TURTLE CONSERVATION IN MEXICO
You will be able to collaborate in the Pacific of Mexico, helping to preserve the species of sea turtles in two different areas of beaches either as an individual or part of a group.
HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS LIVING IN POVERTY IN MEXICO
This Children’s Home Center seeks to improve the vulnerable situation of these young people who have found themselves on the streets due to situations that they did not choose, such as parental abuse, abandonment, exploitation or parents in detoxification centers.
BASIC TEACHING IN MEXICO
We seek to enhance the learning of children who have greater difficulty in learning, through collaborative work environments.
SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY ORCHARDS IN MEXICO
Holidays among our children and youth about environmental, domestic and community care to ensure healthy eating.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO?
Any volunteer who wants to be part of a volunteer program with Adventure Volunteer in Mexico must:
- Be of legal age
- Be a committed person.
- Willingness and ability to work as a team.
- Be empathetic.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO?
All projects of the volunteering in Mexico are located in Tlaxcala and San Cristobal de las Casas.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO?
- Basic and cultural education in school, is open from the last week of August until the last day of June.
- San Cristobal de las casas, Chiapas all year opening
- Functional diversity and sensory stimulation, is open all year according to the school period in Mexico.
- Humanitarian aid is open all year.
- School and community gardens, it is open all year according to the Mexican school period.
See specifications of schedules and arrival dates on each project through its link.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
The schedule and pick-up point may vary depending on the availability of buses at the airport.
Once, at the Benito Juárez International Airport in Mexico City, you must board a bus that leaves the interior of the airport, through the company “Red Star” or “ADO” heading to Puebla. According to the hourly availability, the terminal of Puebla is chosen which will be reached: CAPU, 4 west or Plaza San Diego.
Upon boarding the bus, the volunteer must notify the coordinator of their arrival point, there you will be received by a local coordinator. This will take you to the volunteer’s home.
You will have an orientation day where you will be told the basic rules of the volunteer’s home, its location and environment, as well as an explanation of the program you have chosen to participate in. The orientation of the program, the location of the program, the means of transportation, the rules of coexistence in the volunteer’s house will be given on the day of arrival. And on the weekend a day is assigned for the tour of the city center.
In the case of San Cristobal de las Casas (Chiapas) you should arrive at the terminal or the airport where you will be greeted with a welcome.
We recommend that you consult your medical advisor about the recommended vaccinations for this region. Also, in most Latin American countries, vaccinations are not mandatory.
- Quarantine not required
- No PCR or Rapid Antigen test required
- You must fill in the Risk Indentification form, which can be found here. You will be required to present it upon arrival at Immigration Customs.
VISA TO ENTER MEXICO
Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not required for stays of between 30 and 90 days. In the case of Mexico from Spain, no visa is required for 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Return ticket to leave the country.
SECURITY IN MEXICO
Taking into account the insecurity problems experienced in Latin America and particularly in Mexico, we recommend that you take into account the following:
- Let your coordinator know where you will be going if you decide to go on an excursion so that he/she can warn you about the place.
- Always have the coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying.
- Avoid giving out information about the house, the work sites and the rest of the volunteers for safety reasons.
- Do not take anyone outside the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Recognize and avoid risky areas in each city you visit.
- Travel frugally in your daily transfers and excursions.
- Avoid wearing flashy clothing: very revealing or expensive clothing (jewelry).
- Avoid taking out your cell phone in public.
- Use the service of “safe cabs” or services such as Uber or Pronto.
- Avoid walking alone on the street at night.
- Never get into your vehicle with strangers.
- Do not drink any beverage whose origin you do not know.
ACCOMMODATION IN HOUSES
- The distance of the project with the volunteer’s house is 20-30 minutes by public transport.
- The house is located in Acuitlapilco, Tlaxcala. CP 90740.
WHAT DOES THE ACCOMMODATION INCLUDE IN A VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO?
- Bed, in a room shared with other volunteers.
- Self service breakfast.
- Use of common areas.
- Use washing machine
- Key for access (to be returned on deposit).
- WIFI (Internet).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BEACH ACCOMMODATION?
The participation of the 3-week program as a reward will provide you with a 7-day apartment in the Caribbean of the Riviera Maya.
To be able to enjoy the apartment you will only be asked for a deposit (for the loss of keys or any breakage) that will be returned at the end.
Therefore, if you want to enjoy the gift of the local association, your Volunteering in Mexico should be 3 weeks but your stay in the country will be 4 weeks, using the 7 days of the means to enjoy.
- 11 days in Tlaxcala volunteering + 7 days in the Cancun area + 10 days in your volunteering in Tlaxcala).
TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE ACCOMMODATION IN RIVIERA MAYA:
- Deposit of 1000 Mexican pesos (46 euros), there is no washing machine, nor Wifi.
- Cost of the flight (not included) indicative of CDMX to Cancun 2000 pesos (90 euros).
The initial contribution to reserve a volunteer project in Mexico is 150€. The rest is required one month prior to going. This financial contribution is subject to a tax deduction of about 45% of your income on your tax return.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR A VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO?
- Welcome at the bus station Chiapas or Tlaxcala
- Accommodation during your volunteering.
- 24/7 support of the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Orientation and induction to the program.
- Certificate of weeks spent in your volunteering.
- I receive NGOs about your program fee.
- Guide, advice and management in the choice of the program.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN A VOLUNTEERING IN MEXICO?
- Flight and airport transportation to Puebla (bus price € 15).
- Visa if necessary.
- Vaccines if necessary.
- Travel insurance (mandatory).
- Internal transport
- Drinks or diets or special meals.
- Bottled water.
- Trips or excursions inside or outside the Country.