VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN MOROCCO
Volunteering in Morocco leads you to discover yourself, help other people and enjoy all the cultural heritage that lies within its walls and streets.
Walking through its streets, ordering a mint tea, bargaining in the markets or simply taking a tour in the desert, makes Morocco an irresistible place.
With the support of local staff and volunteering in Morocco who each year join the solidarity camps in Morocco, it has been possible to carry out different leisure and free time workshops, as well as informative talks for the children through educational and artistic materials.
TEACHING AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN IN THE COMMUNITY
It seeks to promote the sustainable and equitable development of vulnerable and low-income communities
Who will be my coordinators in the volunteering in Morocco?
The main coordinator is called Reduoanne, he is very knowledgeable about the Berber culture. He will support you in all your needs. She knows Spanish, English, French and German perfectly. His philosophy is “everything is fine”.
Khaled, the second coordinator, and also coordinator of the volunteer house, will accompany you to the projects. With his good humor and knowledge he will make you feel at home. His motto “my house is your house”.
What are the requirements for volunteering in Morocco?
All individuals, groups of friends, students or families who want to be part of a volunteer program in Morocco must meet the following requirements:
- Be a committed person, as you actively participate in activities that require your commitment.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team.
- Be empathetic (respect for other cultures or ways of life).
- Flexibility and adaptability are required.
- Good behavior.
- Be of legal age.
When can I volunteer in Morocco program?
Volunteer projects in Morocco are open all year round. During Easter, Christmas and summer there are volunteer groups.
For more information, questions or assistance with a colleague of our team you can contact us via phone or Whatsapp here.
The steps to follow to register are as follows:
- Fill out the form to reserve your volunteering.
- Wait for our confirmation of availability.
- Make a 1st donation for the registration to the Adventure Volunteer association.
- You will receive an email with the volunteer agreement to be completed by you.
- You will return to us by email all the requested information and you will be able to purchase the flight.
- A few weeks before you start you will receive information from the local organization.
- Now you only have to pack your suitcase, you have a whole team that will make everything easier for you and you will be in contact at all times, so you don’t have to worry.
To be part of the volunteer programs in Sri Lanka, it is not necessary any specific training and it is only required:
- To be of legal age (possibility minor with guardian or parents).
- To be a participative and committed person.
- Be respectful of people, culture and customs.
- To know how to adapt and work in a team.
- Criminal record certificate for social work.
- Sign cooperation agreement and interview with our team.
- Appropriate clothing for the destination.
- Knowledge of English.
ACCOMMODATION IN YOUR VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO
Volunteers who are part of the volunteer program in Morocco, live in a volunteer house or homestay with rooms shared with other volunteers. All accommodations have shower areas, typical toilets, kitchen, dining room, sleeping area shared with other volunteers.
Mattresses, pillows and sheets are provided. In addition, you have included 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), they are typical Moroccan meals.
Here you can see how will be the accommodation where you will stay. The volunteer’s house consists of several common areas and rooms shared with the rest of the volunteers.
Volunteer accommodation in Morocco
WHAT WILL THE ARRIVAL AT THE DESTINATION BE LIKE?
The local organization welcomes you, if you arrange it with the local low cost coordination, at Fez-Saïss Airport. If you arrive at another airport, you can arrange your pick-up with them, or they will tell you how to get to the project on your own.
Depending on the time of your arrival in Morocco, you will be given the orientation of the house, the project and activities to be carried out during your volunteering in Morocco.
VISA IN MOROCCO
You will need a visa depending on your nationality. For Spaniards it is not necessary, a passport is enough. For others who do require a visa, we recommend calling the Moroccan Embassy in your country.
SECURITY IN MOROCCO
Morocco is considered a safe country. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle yourself in certain zones and areas of the city.
Generally the tourist areas are safe, but we still recommend you to keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator, in case you are going on an excursion, so that he/she can warn you about the places.
- Keep your coordinator’s phone number and the address where you are staying handy in case you need it.
- Avoid giving out information about where you are staying, the project and your fellow volunteers for safety reasons.
- Do not bring anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s house.
- Avoid risky areas in every place you visit.
- Travel frugally in your daily transfers and excursions.
- Avoid drawing attention to yourself with jewelry and accessories.
- If possible, avoid taking out your cell phone in public places.
- Try to use safe transportation services in the country or services such as Uber or cabs.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets at night.
- Never take someone you do not know in an unfamiliar vehicle or in your own vehicle.
- Do not drink any beverage whose origin you do not know.
The financial contribution is divided into two parts:
- The registration that you will give as a donation to the Adventure Volunteer association. This contribution has a tax benefit of 80% that you will be able to deduct in your income tax return.
- The remaining part of the cost of the program will go to the partner organization that we will send on your behalf as a substitute or you can deliver it directly to the project.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR THE VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
- Communal accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 basic meals during your volunteering period.
- Arabic classes (Optional)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Program monitoring and evaluation
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks volunteered
- Volunteer and liability insurance
- Tax certificate
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of the program
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
- Flight to the country
- Low cost airport pick up
- Visa, if required
- Travel medical insurance
- Vaccinations, if necessary
- Internal transportation and excursions
- Beverages or special diets or meals
- Travel within or outside the country
- Bottled water
How to book my volunteering in Morocco?
Once you fill out the program form, we will verify everything and confirm your place within 24 hours.
The registration fee must be paid within 7 days, then your place will be guaranteed 1 month before the payment of the programme.
We send you the mandatory insurance and the international volunteer agreement.