VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN MOROCCO
Volunteering in Morocco leads you to discover yourself, help other people and enjoy all the cultural heritage it holds within its walls and streets.
Walking through the streets, ordering mint tea, haggling in the markets or simply touring the desert makes Morocco an irresistible place during a volunteer programs in Morocco.
With the support of local staff and volunteering in Morocco who each year join the solidarity camps in Morocco, it has been possible to carry out different leisure and free time workshops, as well as informative talks for the children through educational and artistic materials.
SOLIDARITY CAMP IN MOROCCO
It seeks to promote the sustainable and equitable development of vulnerable and resource-poor communities in the community of Ouarzazate or Ksar Sammoura in Morocco.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
All individuals, groups of friends, students or families who want to be part of a volunteer program in Morocco with Adventure Volunteer must meet the following requirements:
- Be a committed person, as you actively participate in activities that require your commitment.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team.
- Be empathetic (respect for other cultures or ways of life).
- Flexibility and adaptability are needed.
- Good behaviour.
- Be of legal age.
In each project, you can consult the requirements that are requested.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
The solidarity camps in Morocco take place in the community of Ouarzazate or Ksar Sammoura.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
You should arrive at the following airports and then transfer to the villages under the directions of the local coordinators.
The airport is Menara Airport – (Marrakech), or Fez
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
We will pick you up from Menara Airport – (Marrakech), to take you to the volunteer accommodation, where you will be welcomed by the coordinator responsible for the volunteer project in Morocco. He will recognize you by the photo you sent us attached to the extended form.
Depending on the time of arrival in the country, you will be given an orientation of the house, the project and the activities to be carried out on the same day or the following day.
No vaccination is required to enter Morocco. However, for people coming from countries where yellow fever is present, you may be required to have a vaccination card.
VISA TO ENTER MAROCCO
You’ll need a visa depending on your nationality. For Spaniards it is not necessary, your passport is enough. For the other people who do require it, we recommend to call the Moroccan Embassy in your country.
SECURITY IN MAROCCO
Morocco is considered a safe country. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries in the world, you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle yourself in certain areas and city zones.
In general, tourist areas are safe, but we recommend you to take these details into account:
- Notify your coordinator if you take any excursions or tours.
- Have the phone numbers of your coordinator and the address of where you are staying.
- Avoid giving information about the place where you are staying, the project and your colleagues (volunteers).
- Avoid bringing anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Do not go to risky areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily commute and in your excursions, do not show your things.
- If you can, avoid taking your mobile phone out in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transportation services.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets.
- Do not drink anything that you do not know the origin of.
HOST INSTITUTE ACCOMMODATION
The volunteers who are part of the solidarity camps in Morocco live in a welcome center for volunteers. This center has shower areas, a kitchen, dining room, and sleeping area.
- Mattresses and pillows are available, but you should bring your own sheets and pillowcases.
You have included the 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) that will be provided at the camp. They are Moroccan dishes.
The contribution in the volunteer projects in Morocco for a period of 7 days is 460€ and with the tax deduction you will only pay 160€
You will be able to deduct approximately 45% of the total economic contribution to the program by means of the tax certificate that we will give you.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR THE VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
- Accommodation during your volunteer work
- 3 meals during your volunteer program
- Arabic lessons (Optional)
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks spent volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteer work
- Liability for your activity
- I get NGO’s on your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of program
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE VOLUNTEERING IN MOROCCO?
- Flight to the country
- pick up airport
- Visa, if necessary
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Vaccinations, if necessary
- Internal transport
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Drinks or special diets or meals
- Travel in or out of the country
We remind you that the value of the donation can be deducted from your full income tax liability, up to a limit of 10% of the taxable base.
- Donations up to 150 :(donation equal to or less than 150), the deduction will be 80%
- Donations over 150 euros: (donation over 150 ?), will be 35% and 40% if made for more than 3 years in a row of the same value or more to the same association.
NOTE: There is a deduction from the IRPF for donations made to non-profit organisations under Law 49/2002, of 23 December. established in Articles 68.3, 69.1 IRPF Law and 69.2 Regulations. Royal Decree-Law 17/2020 of 5 May. (refunds are made in the year following payment). As a donation, the 150 euros initially contributed are not refundable.