VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN NICARAGUA
Although education is free and compulsory in Nicaragua, many children don’t continue studying because of various situations such as: accessibility of schools, unemployed parents, needing to work to help support the household, etc.. Because of this, many children don’t finish their primary and secondary studies and in some cases never go to school at all.
Volunteer programs in Nicaragua help many children to become motivated, develop their skills and explore their knowledge.
The volunteering in Nicaragua seek to help children and youth, collaborate with the most vulnerable communities and improve the quality of life in poor neighborhoods.
CLASSES FOR WOMEN
Accompaniment, motivation and the desire to help, are part of this experience with women from vulnerable communities.
TEACHING AND SCHOOL REINFORCEMENT
Education is one of the most important pillars for the development of every person. Currently, many children do not have the opportunity to study or have access to education.
Design, create and put your creativity into practice in the volunteer program of school reinforcement with children and youth in Nicaragua.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERING IN NICARAGUA?
Volunteers in Nicaragua are an important pillar for the development of all volunteer programs where we collaborate. Therefore, participating in some of the volunteer programs does not require that you have a specific specialty. You can participate if you have the desire to and you meet the following requirements:
- Be of legal age
- Availability to perform various jobs
- Be a communicative, participative and committed person
- Have a good behavior and be respectful with the people who collaborate and the community
- Be aware of the culture and customs of the country you are collaborating with
- Ability to work in a team
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEERING IN NICARAGUA?
The projects are developed in the country of Nicaragua, specifically in Granada and Camoapa.
Empowerment of young pregnant women and teaching, is developed in Camoapa. It is approximately 2 hours by taxi from the Managua airport.
School revision and women’s empowerment is located in Granada and Managua.
WHEN CAN YOU COLLABORATE ON VOLUNTEER PROJECTS IN NICARAGUA?
You can participate all year round in the following volunteer programs in Nicaragua:
- School reinforcement
- Classes for women and children
In each program you can check the days of arrival in the country and start of projects.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
We will pick you up from Augusto C. Sandino International Airport which is located 11 kilometers from downtown Managua. You will be received by the local coordinator of the organization, who will take you by public transportation to the family home where you will stay until the end of your project.
Depending on the time of your arrival, you will have your orientation the same day or the next day, where we will tell you in a general way the basic rules of the house and of the place where it is located, besides the explanation of the program to develop according to season of the year.
Only the yellow fever vaccine is required (in theory only for people who have been to countries at risk).
We suggest that you consult with your medical advisor about the recommended vaccines for this region, as in most Latin American countries vaccines are not mandatory.
- Present a negative PCR test within 72 hours before your flight
- Yellow fever vaccination card
VISA TO ENTER NICARAGUA
For people coming from Spain, no visa is required, (other countries consult).
- Depending on the country of origin, no visa is required for stays of between 30 and 90 days.
- Passport in order and valid for at least six months.
- Exit ticket of the country.
SECURITY IN NICARAGUA
In Central America, Nicaragua, despite the recent revolts, is considered a safe country. But nothing is perfect, and as in many countries of the world you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle certain zones and areas of the city.
Tourist areas are generally safe, but we also recommend that you keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator if you are going on an excursion.
- Have your coordinator’s phone number and address handy.
- Avoid giving out information about the accommodation, the project and your fellow volunteers for safety.
- Do not take anyone other than the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Avoid risk areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and on your excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can avoid taking your mobile phone out in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transportation services or services such as Uber or taxis.
- Avoid walking alone on unknown streets at night.
- Never put someone you don’t know into an unknown vehicle, or someone you don’t know into yours.
- Do not drink any drink of which you do not know the origin.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION OR GRANADA CENTER HOSTEL
All volunteers who collaborate in volunteer projects in Nicaragua are housed in the homes of families selected by the organization.
WHAT DOES THE ACCOMMODATION INCLUDE IN A VOLUNTEERING IN NICARAGUA?
- Bed in shared room with other volunteers and bathroom within the room or shared.
- Meals during your volunteering.
- Use of common areas.
- WIFI connection (internet).
- Low cost laundry or hand-washing area.
The contribution in the Volunteering in Nicaragua for a period of 14 days is 525€ and with the tax deduction you will only pay 273.75€
You will be able to deduct approximately 45% of the total economic contribution to the program in the Volunteering in Nicaragua by means of the tax certificate that we will give you.
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR A VOLUNTEERING IN NICARAGUA?
- Welcome at the airport and transfer to the volunteer’s home.
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- 3 meals during the course of your volunteer program
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme
- Orientation and induction to the program
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- Accident insurance during your volunteering
- Civil liability for your activity
- Receipt from NGO about your program fee
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of programme
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN A VOLUNTEERING IN NICARAGUA?
- Flight to the country
- Visa, if necessary
- Vaccines, if necessary
- Travel Insurance
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Return to the airport on the last day
- Beverages, diets or special meals
- Trips inside or outside the country
We remind you that the value of the donation can be deducted from your full income tax liability, up to a limit of 10% of the taxable base.
- Donations up to 150 :(donation equal to or less than 150), the deduction will be 80%
- Donations over 150 euros: (donation over 150 ?), will be 35% and 40% if made for more than 3 years in a row of the same value or more to the same association.
NOTE: There is a deduction from the IRPF for donations made to non-profit organisations under Law 49/2002, of 23 December. established in Articles 68.3, 69.1 IRPF Law and 69.2 Regulations. Royal Decree-Law 17/2020 of 5 May. (refunds are made in the year following payment). As a donation, the 150 euros initially contributed are not refundable.