Volunteer Programs in Senegal
Your volunteering in Senegal will be one of the best choices of destination to have a great experience. Senegal, a country full of cultural diversity and nature, will capture your eyes and leave you with beautiful memories of an unforgettable and unforgettable experience.
We collaborate in volunteer programs in Senegal for teaching, sports and care and care in social orphanages.
Your participation in any of the projects will be of great help for the educational development of the children and young people of the local community in several communities of Senegal.
TEACHING IN CHILDREN’S SCHOOL
The preschool consists of three classes in which children are distributed according to age, and that correspond to the courses P3, P4 and P5 of the model educational Spanish.
We provide support to the medical staff in a general medical center where children, pregnant women, vaccinations and pediatrics are treated. There is also assistance with the pharmacy.
REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER IN SENEGAL
- Be of legal age.
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Be respectful of the local culture and people
- Have initiative and be creative.
- Be willing to work in a team.
Arrival at destination
Your arrival will be at the Blaise Diagne International Airport (DSS), where you will be picked up to go to your accommodation and will have a brief induction of your volunteering.
It is mandatory to have the vaccine yellow fever, if you are a traveler from a country with outbreaks of this disease.
RECOMMENDED FOR TRAVELING TO SENEGAL
- Hepatitis B
- Tetanus Diphtheria
- Whooping Cough
- Triple Viral
For Spanish travelers it is not necessary to have a visa to travel to Senegal, if it does not exceed 90 days. Other countries that do not require a visa are: United States, United Kingdom, Brazil and Canada.
Senegal is considered one of the safest and most stable countries in Africa West, although we also recommend that you keep these tips in mind:
- Notify your coordinator if you are going on an excursion, so that he can advise you on the places where you will go.
- Have your coordinator’s contact information and the address of where you are staying on hand in case you need it.
- Do not give information about the place where you are staying, project and your colleagues (volunteers) for safety.
- We recommend not taking anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Always avoid risk areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily transfers and on your excursions.
- Avoid attracting attention with jewelry and accessories.
- If you can, avoid taking your mobile phone out in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transportation services or services like Uber or taxis.
- It is recommended not to walk alone through unfamiliar streets at night.
- Never get into an unfamiliar vehicle or yours to someone you do not know.
- Do not drink any beverage that you do not know the source of.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION
Upon arrival in Senegal, our local coordinator will take you to the assigned host family.
What does the accommodation include?
- Bunk bed, in a room shared with other volunteers.
- Use of common areas.
- Meals during your volunteer program. Breakfast will be at the school, lunch and dinner will be at the volunteer’s house.
- WIFI connection (internet). You can purchase an internet plan with Orange Mobile for €9 that gives you 7GB.
The contribution in projects volunteer in Senegal for a period of 14 days is €595. From this payment you can deduct about 45% in tax deduction using the tax certificate that we provide.
What are you paying for?
- Airport welcome and transportation to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay.
- 3 daily meals during your volunteer program.
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Orientation and induction to the project.
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering.
- Guidance, advice and management in choosing your program.
- Volunteer and liability insurance.
- A visit to Pink Lake and Goree Island (no quad biking or entrance fees)
What is not included?
- Flight to Senegal.
- Return to the airport on the last day.
- Visa, if necessary.
- Internal transport or excursions.
- Drinks, diets and special meals.
- Bottled water.