VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN TANZANIA
Experience international volunteering with Adventure Volunteer’s volunteer programs in Tanzania, located off the coast of Tanzania in Africa. Learn with volunteer projects for child development in Tanzania.
One of the ways to get to know a country is by volunteering, but not just any volunteering, but a different volunteering experience; where you can know, live and feel the true essence of that place and its people. You can do this by volunteering in Tanzania.
Get to know for yourself this wonderful country, which also needs that time that you can dedicate to a social cause as important as this one.
The main focus of volunteer programs in Tanzania is teaching young people, children and people with different abilities, as well as working with women.
HOME SCHOOL TEACHING IN STONE TOWN
This beautiful project aims to provide a positive impact on the lives of young people by providing access to quality education to orphaned and disadvantaged children.
EDUCATION AND CHILDCARE IN ARUSHA, TANZANIA
This beautiful project aims to provide help to the mothers of the community. Offering education and care for their sons and daughters, so that they can develop and undertake a prosperous life.
EMPOWERING AND TEACHING WOMEN IN ARUSHA, TANZANIA
This beautiful project aims to provide help to the women of the community, as they are lacking in education and information.
SOCIAL CAUSES TO HELP IN TANZANIA
Needs where your volunteering in Tanzania can help in collaboration with local partners will be:
- Financial need
- School dropouts
- Drug abuse
- Food scarcity
- HIV pandemic
- Resources to go to school
- Domestic violence
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A VOLUNTEER IN TANZANIA?
To be part of the volunteer programs in Tanzania, no specific training is necessary, all that is required is that you:
- Are a committed person, as you actively participate in educational and social activities that require your commitment.
- To be part of the volunteer programs in Tanzania, it is not necessary any specific training, it is only required:
- Committed people, as you actively participate in educational and social activities that require your commitment.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team. It is important, as you collaborate with other volunteers.
- Empathize (respect for other cultures or ways of life).
- As a volunteer you must be flexible and adaptable.
- Good conduct and respect for Islamic culture.
- Be of legal age.
For each project, you can consult the requirements that are specifically requested to volunteer in Tanzania.
For more information, questions or assistance with a colleague of our team you can contact us via phone or Whatsapp here.
The steps to follow to register are as follows:
- Fill out the form to reserve your volunteering.
- Wait for our confirmation of availability.
- Make a 1st donation for the registration to the Adventure Volunteer association.
- You will receive an email with the volunteer agreement to be completed by you.
- You will return to us by email all the requested information and you will be able to purchase the flight.
- A few weeks before you start you will receive information from the local organization.
- Now you only have to pack your suitcase, you have a whole team that will make everything easier for you and you will be in contact at all times, so you don’t have to worry.
To be part of the volunteer programs in Sri Lanka, it is not necessary any specific training and it is only required:
- To be of legal age (possibility minor with guardian or parents).
- To be a participative and committed person.
- Be respectful of people, culture and customs.
- To know how to adapt and work in a team.
- Criminal record certificate for social work.
- Sign cooperation agreement and interview with our team.
- Appropriate clothing for the destination.
- Knowledge of English.
HOW IS THE ACCOMMODATION IN THE VOLUNTEER IN TANZANIA?
You live with more volunteers. All the houses selected by the local organization have the basic amenities that a lower middle status family in Tanzania generally has.
There may be rare days when you are the only volunteer there, but it is rare. You will never be alone, our volunteer coordinators will be in direct contact with you.
You have common areas and a proper kitchen. Water and electricity connectivity on the island can sometimes be a challenge. We are very conscious of the electricity we use and cannot accommodate heavy appliances such as hair dryers.
As for the bathrooms, keep in mind that you live in African type house where the wc is flush to the floor (Turkish wc). In addition, the showers are through tanks. On hot days the water you get is hot, so you can get “naturally heated” water.
You will be able to live in family houses, volunteer houses or in the project itself, depending on the selected program. But in any of the accommodations there are similar amenities.
Volunteer accommodation in Zanzibar
WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THE HOUSE?
- Bed, in a room that you share with other volunteers.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen to cook for you (meals included).
- Laundry area (only cold water and hand washing).
- Very humble housing and way of life.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR DESTINATION
The local organization will welcome you at the Abeid Amani Karume International Airport. Also known as Kisauni Airport, it is the only airport.
The airport is located approximately 6 kilometers south of Stone Town.
VISA IN TANZANIA
To enter Tanzania it is mandatory to have a visa. It is currently done online.
- Depending on the country of origin, a visa is not necessary for stays between 30 and 90 days.
- Valid passport for at least six months.
- Economic soundness. Validate at the Embassy of Tanzania in your country.
- Round-trip ticket
- Verify information when booking and purchasing a flight
SAFETY IN TANZANIA
As in any country you have to take certain precautions and know how to handle yourself in certain zones and areas.
In general, tourist areas are safe, but we also recommend you keep these details in mind:
- Notify your coordinator if you take any excursions or tours.
- Have the phone numbers of your coordinator and the address of where you are staying.
- Avoid giving information about the place where you are staying, the project and your colleagues (volunteers).
- Avoid bringing anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Do not go to risky areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily commute and in your excursions, do not show your things.
- If you can, avoid taking your mobile phone out in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transportation services.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets.
- Do not drink anything that you do not know the origin of.
The financial contribution is divided into two parts:
- The inscription that you will give as a donation to the Adventure Volunteer association. This contribution has a tax benefit of 80% that you will be able to deduct in your income tax return.
- The remaining part of the cost of the program will go to the partner organization that we will send on your behalf as a substitute or you can deliver it directly to the project.
WHAT IS OFFERED TO THE VOLUNTEER IN TANZANIA?
- Welcome at the airport and accompaniment during the weekend.
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay
- 3 meals per day
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Program monitoring and evaluation
- Orientation and induction to the project
- Certificate of weeks spent volunteering
- Guidance, advice and management in the choice of the program
- Volunteer and liability insurance
- Tax certificate
WHAT IS NOT OFFERED TO THE VOLUNTEER IN TANZANIA?
- Flight to Tanzania
- Visa, if required
- Vaccinations, if required
- Internal transportation or excursions
- Travel within or outside the country
- Travel medical insurance
- Bottled water
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN VOLUNTEERING IN TANZANIA?
Once you fill out the program form, we will verify everything and confirm your place within 24 hours.
The registration fee must be paid within 7 days, then your place will be guaranteed 1 month before the payment of the programme.
We send you the mandatory insurance and the international volunteer agreement.