Volunteer programs in Vietnam
What better way to get to know a country than to volunteer in Vietnam, help and get to know all the beauties that a volunteer destination like Vietnam offers you at the same time?
Volunteering in Vietnam is the perfect combination for that trip you’re looking for. Its delicious food, famous beaches and stunning rivers, all that and more in this slim country on the east coast of Asia. You will have the perfect opportunity to meet and share with the people, communities, children and youth of the project and country.
SOCIAL DINING IN VIETNAM
CHILD CARE IN VIETNAM
DIFFERENT SKILLS IN VIETNAM
MEDICAL CENTER IN VIETNAM
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER IN VIETNAM?
For all Vietnam projects you will need:
- International health insurance
- Knowledge of the English language
- Positive attitude
- Adaptability and respect for culture
- Round trip flight to your country
- Passport and necessary vaccinations
WHERE WILL I BE DURING MY VOLUNTEERING IN VIETNAM?
City full of energy, innovation and traffic – a lot of traffic, Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, is the economic heart of Vietnam and the main center of the southern region. Cosmopolitan and carefree metropolis, the dynamic urban landscape of the old and the new Vietnam in the most compact spaces, representing both the past and the future of the city.
When can i collaborate in the volunteer projects in Vietnam?
Arrival at your destination
We pick you up at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport which is located in the most developed city Ho Chi Minh, where you will be taken to the accommodation and according to the arrival time you will be inducted into the project and volunteer destination.
No vaccine is mandatory, except for travelers from countries where the disease is present. You will be asked to have the yellow fever vaccine and primer. These are usually travelers coming from jungle areas in Africa and Latin America.
Some recommended vaccines for your trip to Vietnam are:
- Hepatitis A and B
- Typhoid fever
- Japanese encephalitis
Visa to enter Vietnam
For travelers from Europe such as Spain, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom, you can apply for a visa for 3 months.
The requirements to obtain the visa are:
- Have a passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- A passport photo.
- Fill out a form with your data.
- Pay the fee for the visa, which can range between 30 and 60 euros depending on how, where and for how long you will need it.
Safety in Vietnam
In general, Vietnam is considered a fairly safe country, especially in its tourist areas, but we recommend that you keep these tips in mind:
- Notify your coordinator if you take any excursions or tours.
- Have the phone numbers of your coordinator and the address of where you are staying.
- Avoid giving information about the place where you are staying, the project and your colleagues (volunteers).
- Avoid bringing anyone who is not from the organization to the volunteer’s home.
- Do not go to risky areas in every place you visit.
- Travel in austerity in your daily commute and in your excursions, do not show your things.
- If you can, avoid taking your mobile phone out in public places.
- Try to use the country’s safe transportation services.
- Avoid walking alone on unfamiliar streets.
- Do not drink anything that you do not know the origin of.
ACCOMMODATION ON UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
The volunteer’s house is located on a university campus located in the center of Ho Chi Minh City.
The rooms are shared (from 4 to 6 people) and have:
WHAT DOES THE ACCOMMODATION OFFER YOU?
- Free water and drinks such as coffee or tea.
- bathroom in each room
- Security box.
You will have three daily meals included from Monday to Friday and two on weekends.
The contribution in volunteer projects in Vietnam for a period of 7 days is €.
ONE COST (There is no registration fee)
|WEEKS||MEDICAL||DINNING ROOM AND CHILDREN|
WHAT IS OFFERED IN VOLUNTEERING IN VIETNAM?
- Accommodation during your volunteer stay
- 3 meals during your volunteering and two on the weekend
- water and tea
- 24/7 support from the Adventure Volunteer team
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program
- Orientation and induction to the project
- Certificate of weeks completed in your volunteering
- tax certificate
- Guide, advice and management in choosing the program
- RC and accident insurance
- volunteer t-shirt
WHAT IS NOT OFFERED IN VOLUNTEERING IN VIETNAM?
- Flight to Vietnam
- Visa, if necessary
- Internal transport or excursions
- Trips inside or outside the country
- travel medical insurance
- Drinks, diets and special meals
- Bottled water