But when you have decided, those doubts come to you that generate fears that make you feel insecure, to the point of not making that longed for trip.
But, do not worry, those fears and doubts we have all the travelers and volunteers, more if it is the first time you do a volunteer. In this small space we will try to guide you on what to take into account before your trip and make those fears disappear.
To answer the question , what should I know before traveling in Asia? we leave you 7 important data to take into account before embarking on this wonderful journey.
1. DO NOT PLANIFY EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE TRAVELING
- can New experiencesarise to live
- You have the opportunity to know other places that you did not have in your list
- You change the time that you had decided to spend in some of the places, because others like you more.
These changes should not scare you, they are part of all experience. You have the freedom to say yes or no to these new things that arise in the volunteer travel route.
With that said, I do not mean that you should not have done some research or make a scheme of things you want to do in the country you visit.
It is important to know which are the places that you want to visit while in that place and the time that you will spend the days that you are free during your volunteering in Asia.
Prepare a scheme with the places and cities you want to visit.
In case it’s your first time in a country in the Asian continent, you have doubts about the requirements you need to travel to Asia. Keep in mind, what vaccines you need, if you need a visa and where you can apply for it.
2. DO NOT LET US TAKE THE TOURIST GUIDES OR EXCURSIONS OFFERED
Take advantage of every minute and time of your trip. Enjoy those moments or details offered by this unique culture.
Keep in mind that places can change and that the trip you make to this place will not be the same as another. So he lives that moment as if it were the last.
If you can, get away from the usual routes. How? Ask the local people of those places, travelers and live as one of that country. It is an original way to know the essence of a country.
3. I MUST BOOK THE EXCURSIONS AND HOTELS BEFORE TRAVELING TO AN ASIAN COUNTRY
Believe it or not, you can travel through Asia without making prior reservations for hotels or excursions. In this case there are two scenarios:
- If the budget you have for your volunteer trip is fair and it does not bother you to sleep in a hostel for backpacking travelers, you will not have any problem finding accommodation. They are usually very comfortable and full of people from many countries.
- In the case you want a specific hotel, if you need to make a reservation, as you probably have fewer options to choose from.
4. WHAT TO BRING IN THE SUITCASE OR BACKPACK FOR MY TRIP IN ASIA?
It is highly recommended for these types of trips: volunteering, solidarity trips, responsible tourism or just a normal trip, it is recommended to carry a backpack.
You will probably go to places by taxi, motorcycles, cars or other types of transports and a backpack will make your life easier by moving through various places or cities. We know when you’re packing and the first thing that comes to mind is, will I need this? What should I really bring for my trip in Asia?
We tell you that the list for each person’s luggage will vary depending on the program and the weekend activities you have planned to do. You must bear in mind that some products are not so easy to find, so it is advisable to be well prepared with what you really need.
Keep in mind that pharmacy products, such as sunscreen, shampoo or deodorant, you will find in stores in these countries. but they can be different brands and prices than you are used to. On clothes it is preferable that you bring a variety of less valuable and appropriate clothing, as it can stain or make holes.
THEN WHAT TO BRING IN MY LUGGAGE FOR MY VOLUNTEERING IN ASIA?
- First choose a good and comfortable backpack and place clothes for seven days. Since you can go washing while in the country. They give you the clothes very well washed and ordered at a low cost.
- Contemplate wearing shirts with short sleeves or some suspenders. Keep in mind that to visit the temples you can not go in tank tops or shorts.
- Some dress for the night
- Shorts and one long one that you can use to visit the temples or sacred places.
- Bathing suits for the beaches or where you want to use them
- A pair of flip flops
- If you go in rainy season a raincoat and a thin sweatshirt
- Comfortable sports shoes.
- Socks, two or three
- First aid kit and your kit
- Anti-mosquito repellent and sunscreen
- A mini-backpack for those trips
Everything you carry in your backpack should not exceed 15 kilos.
5. SHOULD I HAVE A TRAVEL INSURANCE TO TRAVEL TO ASIA?
It is highly recommended that you have travel insurance that covers basic medical care. In Adventure Volunteer it is mandatory that all your volunteers have travel insurance! apart from the one that the organization has of civil responsibility and accidents that covers them when they are doing volunteer activities.
If you already have insurance in a country, check with your insurance company before leaving to determine if it covers you abroad. If not, you should buy travel insurance for the duration of your trip. Joint insurers offer economic insurance for volunteers, you can check if it fits you.
Try to always carry with you a copy of your health insurance coverage and a card with emergency phone numbers for calls from abroad when traveling.
6. LEAVE YOUR PREJUDICES AT HOME BEFORE STARTING YOUR VOLUNTEERING
One of the most difficult things, for a trip or volunteering, is the decision to do so. When you think about it, the only things that come to your mind are the bad things, such as insecurity, the dangers of traveling, robbery attacks, others.
Open your mind, give yourself the opportunity to know other cultures, customs and realities different from those of your daily environment, that these fears do not stop you from living that indelible experience.
7. YOU CAN LEARN SOME WORDS TO COMMUNICATE ON YOUR TRIP, BESIDES RESPECTING CULTURE.
Many times we leave sides some things that seem normal or unimportant, but say in these countries How is it?, Good day, hello, thank means lot to them. It is an opportunity to get closer and know differently the local people, their essence and culture.
Try to say some words or phrases in your language, they can surprise you with smiles, joy and affection.
We hope that these data will be of help to you, to decide to make that trip that you had in pause. We also leave this link to the podcast “Volunteer trip” that is published every Saturday, where we talk about tricks, tips for a good trip, the programs and countries where you can travel, as well as answering questions and doubts from volunteers and travel.
There is a new way to travel and in our association we fight day by day because each trip is carried out under a social conscience.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, we are available at [email protected] or phone +34 619 34 62 21 or +507 6392-7209 whatsapp